Cheap Walmart lights pics... - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Cheap Walmart lights pics...

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-06-2004, 07:53 AM   #76
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000sportjeep
When you drill after the gromet, what are you drilling through? Is it the plate behind where the seatbelt slides up and down? Will this effect the integrity of the seatbelt system?

Am i missing something or is this right?
I drilled through behind that rubber grommet straight through. You don't need a very big hole, just big enough to get the wires through. One tip: get some good strong new drill bits! It's a PITA to drill through..

Unread 01-06-2004, 07:59 AM   #77
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandroaddie96
Okay, I got it. . .

You don't have to through the trouble of pulling it apart just to take pictures (unless someone else wants them). I follow what you're saying. Sounds like everything will be nice and neat.

Did most of you just mount the lights to your forward crossmember or did you add a 3rd? My plan is to add a 3rd because I frequently use my roof rack to haul my Laser around and I can take it off quickly when I need that extra clearance on the ferry too .

Good Luck,

Peter

Ya I think that's what most people are doing... I plan on getting another cross member or even 2?? to mount on there. It looks as though you can just remove the end caps off the rails and slide more cross members on them............
Unread 01-06-2004, 08:23 AM   #78
RUparrothead
1980 J-Series Truck 

i used a third one....my other two are being used with my homebrew spare tire carrier.
Unread 01-06-2004, 09:34 AM   #79
BeachinXJ
Resident McGeek

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ99
I drilled through behind that rubber grommet straight through. You don't need a very big hole, just big enough to get the wires through. One tip: get some good strong new drill bits! It's a PITA to drill through..
You arent kidding.. I already tore an old oe up.. on to the new bits

Thanks for the advice..
Join the XJ Owners Club | Download the iMarn® iPhone App!
SIRA 4x4 Offroad Association
Rule #1 - No talking about the weather!
Homepage | Jeepspace Group|Twitter!|Facebook
BeachinXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2004, 04:08 PM   #80
ugmoe2000

I went to my Walmart today in search of these lights, but at all the locations around here the CW1077kb's were on clearance, i was able to find one pair.... so i got the CW1073KB's (the driving lights) instead.

You guys aren't kiddin though, the fog lights (CW1077KB's) were at a clearance price of $10.83 i couldn't believe it! No wonder they're all gone.

For my install i'm doing six on the front bar like BJ-666 and i'm throwing two on the back bar as backup lights, the other two i've got left over i might slap on the back bar facing out towards the sides so i can see into the woods on my trails.
ugmoe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2004, 04:21 PM   #81
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugmoe2000
I went to my Walmart today in search of these lights, but at all the locations around here the CW1077kb's were on clearance, i was able to find one pair.... so i got the CW1073KB's (the driving lights) instead.

You guys aren't kiddin though, the fog lights (CW1077KB's) were at a clearance price of $10.83 i couldn't believe it! No wonder they're all gone.

For my install i'm doing six on the front bar like BJ-666 and i'm throwing two on the back bar as backup lights, the other two i've got left over i might slap on the back bar facing out towards the sides so i can see into the woods on my trails.

Your gonna need a second alternator to run all those lights.
j/k
Unread 01-06-2004, 05:16 PM   #82
bj-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98classic
i used a third one....my other two are being used with my homebrew spare tire carrier.
not to steal the thread but 98 classic i was wondering what your home made tire carier looks like i had that same idea of using the old racks but would love to see one compleated
6" full traction, Q78's, 8.8 ECTED locker,Rocky-Road rock rails, proto fab front bumper, ramsey 8.5e, HPd44 ARB front, OBA, Quick disconects
bj-666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2004, 08:51 PM   #83
ecrab3

Ok, here is my night shot of my KC wal mart copies. 2 on the bumper and 4 on top.

Also, what you cant see is a home made tire mount as well on mine. The main part is using 1"x1" square tubing from home depot and have it attach to the 2 luggage racks (3 in my case) around 14" apart with a middle piece to connect them transversly and that is where the tire bolt is located.

I'll try to take better pics, but its nothing to it, just imagine a big letter "H" on the top, and thats all there is to it.

Cost, not incliuding the 3rd rack, around $30.
ecrab3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2004, 08:48 AM   #84
XJ-Ken

Another Home-Brew Light Bar

Just finished my home-brew light rack!
I hid the wires inside the bar to make it look clean.

Here's a link to THE PICS

Last edited by XJ-Ken; 01-08-2004 at 10:09 AM..
XJ-Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2004, 08:56 AM   #85
RUparrothead
1980 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj-666
not to steal the thread but 98 classic i was wondering what your home made tire carier looks like i had that same idea of using the old racks but would love to see one compleated

i copied this guys.... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/design-roof-mounted-spare-57015/

the thing rattles like crazy when going over bumps...but i think thats because my shocks arent the greatest.
Unread 01-08-2004, 01:01 PM   #86
ecrab3

I think some small rubber bushings might help the rattle. Actually, that is who did my rack on my XJ, Carl lives a few miles from me and is my local Jeep buddy
Unread 01-08-2004, 01:28 PM   #87
ctavel
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How much was the third roof bar thing? I assume you got it from a pull-a-part?
ctavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2004, 06:56 PM   #88
ugmoe2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ99
Your gonna need a second alternator to run all those lights.
j/k
Funny you should say that, it's on the way lol. i've got a 150 amp high output unit in the mail.
ugmoe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2004, 09:34 AM   #89
ecrab3

Ctavel, it was from a junkyard and it was $25 for 2 racks. Carl used one , but had to chop off around 8" to make it work on his ZJ.
Unread 01-09-2004, 10:19 AM   #90
xcmbike

Hey guys. they look great! XJ99 said all this fuss is my fault.

Another tip. You can buy brighter bulbs for these housings. Im not sure of a part number but I can find out for you.

Someone asked if you can use roof lights on the road. I know you cant but I do sometimes. When Im on back roads I flip them on. They have saved me from hitting a few deer. The outer lights on the bar point outwards. So they light up the sides of the roads good.

Also, If people have their brights on and I flash them to turn them off. If they dont turn them off I flip them on. They swerve a few times, besides, its fun to pull people out of ditches

Mr. December in the 2004 Jeepforum.com XJ calendar
xcmbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.