changing transmissions from a 91 4x4 to a 96 4x4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > changing transmissions from a 91 4x4 to a 96 4x4

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Currie RockJock Products!!

Unread 10-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
chasewhite78
1996 XJ Cherokee 

changing transmissions from a 91 4x4 to a 96 4x4

i have a 96 Cherokee sport 4x4 4.0 that has a burnt out transmission. ive decided to replace it or rebuild it. i found a few online that are used for $500-$700 and i have a mechanic who has offered me between $750-$950 to rebuild it. i have found one a guy has one rebult a year ago but has only been drove 6 months that shifts good and is a good tranny for $350 obo but it is out of a 91 Cherokee 4x4 4.0 and i was wondering if his tranny would fit my jeep or is an easy replacement to mine

chasewhite78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.