changed out trans, wont' start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > changed out trans, wont' start

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
myjeep179
1979 CJ7 

changed out trans, wont' start

2001 XJ with a 4.0L motor, I just replaced the transmission (automatic) with a 1998 automatic, everything went well, all connectors seem right. When I went to start it, it just turns over with no actual ignition. If you guys can give me some pointers I'd really appreciate it
Thanks
Bill

myjeep179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Check the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) and its wire harness. If you didn't remove the CPS during the install, even a small bump can damage the CPS.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.