Center console upgrade? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Center console upgrade?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
rustybottoms

Center console upgrade?

You guys think it's possible to take my mini console (looks like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ssPageName=WDVW

) outta my mj and put in one of those full center consoles (like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=7951720845

) like the ones they have in the xj's. It would provide me with more storage space (since I can't even fit a jar of mayonaise in my glove box) Also I could have cup holders like every car should have. I think the floor topography would match so the larger console should butt up against my floor without gaps right? Anyone who's got an mj and an xj would know better than I. The only problem I think I would have would be changing over my parking brake pedal to the center mounted handle. Is that do-able. If so, advice would be much appreciated. Thanks for any help yall can give. I already posted this in the Comanche section, but have yet to receive any reply. I figure you guys know your jeeps so I'm askin you too.

rustybottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 11:55 AM   #2
Scrub
2012 KK Liberty 

well your pics are not working, but i just replaced the Mini Console in my XJ with the Full Console and it Fits, but not all the mounting Points are there, mine is only attached by the Front Mounting Points for right now, but everything lined up on the floor and stuff, and it fits great, im not sure about how it would fit inside an MJ cause ive never seen one up close.

as far as the Ebrake Thing, im not quite sure on how to do that but im sure that someone around here does.

-Matt-

2012 Jeep KK Liberty Sport - Stock for now
Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
rustybottoms

Thanks Matt and darn those links!

So do you think there is a way to fashion more brackets to bolt the console to the floor? And anyone got any parking brake knowledge?
Unread 02-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #4
DeathCrush

yea i as well have it only mounted with the front bolts in my XJ, but it has never really been a problem so i just left it like that.

as far as the MJ goes, just be sure that you don't have a bench seat, because that'll prevent the entire thing from fitting correctly (mainly the seat will be in the way)

and as for the parking break, i know i saw somewhere online about a guy who did a center mounted parking break (i THINK it was on CheepXJs site but i can't remember) i'll look around later tonight when i have some time and post my findings, good luck
172,000+ miles
1.5" boost up front, nadda" in rear :(
235/75 Goodyear MT/Rs
Tomken Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
Custom Camouflage Interior
-->[URL]http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/herzeleid76/[/URL]

[URL]http://www.keiraknightley.com/[/URL] yea yea, she's worth it
DeathCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 02:09 PM   #5
rustybottoms

Awesome Death, and yeah I have bucket seats. Thanks too for looking for me. Can't wait till tonight.
Unread 02-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #6
Scrub
2012 KK Liberty 

yea i think that you should be able to mount the brackets, now i cant remember what it looked like under the console in the one i got it out of, but there was a black air duct that puts air into the rear seats (which obviously you wont need )

Good luck

-Matt-

2012 Jeep KK Liberty Sport - Stock for now
Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.