CEN-CAL-XJS New Build Thread. - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > CEN-CAL-XJS New Build Thread.

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 01-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
CEN-CAL-XJS
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Turlock,California
Posts: 181
CEN-CAL-XJS New Build Thread.

Well I got the XJ itch again after being away from Jeeps for quite sometime.

Spec;

1992 Laredo
4.0
AW4
231
30/35
190k Miles.
100% stock.

PO said just stopped turning over one day, Replaced the NSS CPS and Starter, Now running like a top.

So I installed the Rustys Intake I had laying around and a Flowmaster 40 series.

Plans;
TnT Long Arms
DPG 5" All the way around
Soft 8's with Diy4x Beadlocks
35's maybe 36" TSL's
Trimmed
Bedliner Rockers
Dana 44 with Detroit
Alloy 30 shafts with lunch box locker for now.
4.10's
SYE
Smittybuilt 8k winch.

When money isn't tight I hope for Hybrid 60/9 all the way around.

This will be a slow build I only have weekends to work on it.

Pictures





CEN-CAL-XJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's
 
leftlanetruckin's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: missouri via blackpool,lancs.
Posts: 10,452
looks clean for a 1991!
keep us posted.

martin
__________________
1998 XJ on 37's.JK Rubi axles with chromo shafts and ctm's, 4:1 transfer case, etc etc etc.The Cherylkee....
2003 Range Rover HSE, 4.4 Quad Cam.
1998 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
CampnFever
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: A Hop, Skip & a Jump from the Sierra's
Posts: 19
Nice find. Was that the one on craigslist for 500 bucks ?
__________________
"credo quia absurdum"
CampnFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
89SAFARIXJ
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftlanetruckin View Post
looks clean for a 1991!
keep us posted.

martin
you mean a 1992? sick XJ tho man 37's and Rubi axles that thing looks like a monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEN-CAL-XJS View Post
Well I got the XJ itch again after being away from Jeeps for quite sometime.

Spec;

1992 Laredo
4.0
AW4
231
30/35
190k Miles.
100% stock.

PO said just stopped turning over one day, Replaced the NSS CPS and Starter, Now running like a top.

So I installed the Rustys Intake I had laying around and a Flowmaster 40 series.

Plans;
TnT Long Arms
DPG 5" All the way around
Soft 8's with Diy4x Beadlocks
35's maybe 36" TSL's
Trimmed
Bedliner Rockers
Dana 44 with Detroit
Alloy 30 shafts with lunch box locker for now.
4.10's
SYE
Smittybuilt 8k winch.

When money isn't tight I hope for Hybrid 60/9 all the way around.

This will be a slow build I only have weekends to work on it.

Pictures



why 4.10's with 35's or 36's? why not 4.88's?

-Sean
__________________
1989 Jeep Cherokee Laredo Build
89SAFARIXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
CEN-CAL-XJS
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Turlock,California
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89SAFARIXJ View Post
you mean a 1992? sick XJ tho man 37's and Rubi axles that thing looks like a monster.



why 4.10's with 35's or 36's? why not 4.88's?

-Sean
I already have those axles with 4.10's in them, figured I'd save a buck.

Plus it won't be a DD.
CEN-CAL-XJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #6
CEN-CAL-XJS
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Turlock,California
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampnFever View Post
Nice find. Was that the one on craigslist for 500 bucks ?
Yes it was, I can't find a deal on XJ's around here so I jumped on that one. Runs really good.
CEN-CAL-XJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
CampnFever
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: A Hop, Skip & a Jump from the Sierra's
Posts: 19
Dang, I knew I should have called on that. When I read the ad, I was thinkin CPS because that was the problem I had with my 93. Very good find. HAve funmodding it.
__________________
"credo quia absurdum"
CampnFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
89SAFARIXJ
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEN-CAL-XJS View Post
I already have those axles with 4.10's in them, figured I'd save a buck.

Plus it won't be a DD.
alright cool man looks like its ready to be modded. have fun!

-Sean
__________________
1989 Jeep Cherokee Laredo Build
89SAFARIXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's
 
leftlanetruckin's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: missouri via blackpool,lancs.
Posts: 10,452
ok ok, i got the year wrong...it was late dammit!
thanks for the compliment too.

Op, good find!

Martin
__________________
1998 XJ on 37's.JK Rubi axles with chromo shafts and ctm's, 4:1 transfer case, etc etc etc.The Cherylkee....
2003 Range Rover HSE, 4.4 Quad Cam.
1998 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324622

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.