Cassette player flipping and lights dimming - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Cassette player flipping and lights dimming

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
bro
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Cassette player flipping and lights dimming

Hi all, first post!

So my 98 Jeep Cherokee Sport is having an odd problem and hopefully you guys can help me. I use the cassette player adapter to listen to my MP3 player. It started with just the cassette player flipping sides at random times. As it has gotten worse it flips constantly if the volume is too high, the head lights are on, the wipers are going etc. I've also started to notice a dimming of the radio clock light when this is happening. So louder sound, power drain? Someone mentioned bad ground to me but you'd think I'd be having more problems than this if that was the case right?

One other thing (and this is after the above problem) is that recently I left the interior light on through a cold night and drained the battery. The Jeep usually takes a turn or two to get going but now it takes 4-5 turns. Voltages look good on battery 12.5 off and 14.3 when running. But this may be completely separate. TIA! - bro

bro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery , cassette adapter , dash lights , power , radio

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.