Can Seats from Two Door fit ok in a Four Door? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Can Seats from Two Door fit ok in a Four Door?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 07-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
sanrico
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Can Seats from Two Door fit ok in a Four Door?

My XJ is a 92 four door. The previous owner must have been a big fella, cuz the driver's seat is squished, broken frame rocking back and forth, and is very uncomfortable.

I just found a set of seats from a comparable year, but they are from a two door. I know they will fold, which will be nice for those cold or rainy camping nights when I'd rather sleep inside the XJ than a tent. But will they be a direct bolt in?

sanrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

yup direct bolt in. change in floor pan came in 96

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
TwitchyVirus
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Even from a '96 they should bolt directly in. I have a '96 and my drivers seat was also 'squished' by a big fella and i found an exact matching seat from a '91 2 door sport.
Originally Posted by arch View Post
When people ask; Why does it have a rollbar? Is it dangerous? And you can actually reply "yep".
Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton View Post
When you have to say to your friends at least twice during any given drive..'dude its a jeep relax.'
TwitchyVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
sanrico
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Great news...thanks, guys! The thing I like the least about my XJ is that the driver's seat feels like it's about to collapse every time I drive. Makes me crazy!
sanrico is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xj , cherokee , seat , swap , 2 door , 4 door

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.