Can i use an APN header on a 99 XJ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Can i use an APN header on a 99 XJ??

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 02-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
JoshsXJ31

Can i use an APN header on a 99 XJ??

okay so yeah my header is cracked on my 99 xj. seems like its pretty common. and after reading reviews and stuff it seems that the APN header is the way to go, but on thier website is says that its only for a 91 thru 98 cherokee. and not to order if your year make and model is not on the list, because ""It will NOT fit “other” 4.0L Jeep applications."" their exact words. but since people are putting these headers on with 99+ intakes why cant i just put it on my 99? so has any one put a ANP headder on a 99 xj and had it work out? and what if anything did you have to do?

JoshsXJ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
muttyranks
1999 XJ Cherokee 

it fits...just need to take a grinder to the #6 runner on the new exhaust manifold....it has clearance issues with the 99 intake mani.
muttyranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
trevsbmw
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have an APN on my 99 but forgot about grinding the "runner" off. After a little extra torque to the bolts the "runner" popped of and the exhaust mounted flush and sounds good after 5000 miles.
Unread 02-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
alexrule123
What's a c-clip?

2001 XJ Cherokee 

It will works as stated above but I had to not only grind the #6 runner but also #1 runner. Otherwise upon start up there was such a vacuum leak the engine would redline almost instantly.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.