cademan04's 97 xj, "safari wagon" build thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > cademan04's 97 xj, "safari wagon" build thread

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 04-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #16
cademan04
1997 XJ Cherokee 

the front bumper is an iron scorpion, the rear is rigidco. I appreciate the compliments.

cademan04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #17
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cademan04 View Post
the front bumper is an iron scorpion, the rear is rigidco. I appreciate the compliments.
Yea man jeeps awesome.. I didnt someone give you your roof rack.. i remember reading a thead you put up

im checking out that front bumper kit right now
Unread 04-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #18
cademan04
1997 XJ Cherokee 

yes, a fellow xjer. we passed each other in town one day and waved at each other. a few weeks later he happened to drive by my work and saw the jeep out front singe pulled in to introduce himself. every couple of weeks he comes by now to say hi. he gave me the rack saying he had no use for it and would like knowing someone was enjoying it. I gladly accepted.

man, check out rigidco's front bumpers. they make one very similar to the iron scorpion. i love my bumper but was unaware of rigidco when I bought the kit. mr. Tucker is an awesome guy, their quality is top notch.

you mentioned interest in what i have coming next. I'm actually gonna chop the stinger off the front and weld on rigidco's bg12 brushguard. like I said, rigidco rules. haha
Unread 04-26-2010, 12:56 AM   #19
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That was my choice for a front bumper... the are solid!! I was thinkinking about fabing one, but I think ill fab a roll cage and get a Rigid bumper... good call man ..

cant wait to see more pics
Unread 05-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #20
cademan04
1997 XJ Cherokee 

this weekend i started my ladder attachment. here is the tacked up rough draft of it. i will try to finish it within the next week if i have time.

Unread 05-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #21
Spencer43783
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Love the XJ man! I think I'm going to try and get a black one when I get mine too. The spray liner incident was definately one you look back on and laugh. Haha

I have a question that's probably stupid but here it is...
What's the ladder for? :-)
Unread 05-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #22
cademan04
1997 XJ Cherokee 

not a stupid question. i have a few plans for the roof rack. 1. i am a hunter, in texas, having corn feeders is legal. the jeep is my hunting vehicle too. in the past what i have done is just stood on my roof next to my feeders to fill them with corn. now i can throw the bags in the rack and stand securely up there to fill them. 2. i have plans of making an attachable bench seat for the rack for game spotting. 3. i want to buy a fold out tent attachment for the rack for camping trips. i have seen pop-up tents for those military m110 trailers, i am hoping i can find one to fit the rack. anyway, all of these scenarios call for easy access to the roof. really though, anything i put in the rack would be more easily obtained with the ladder.
Unread 05-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #23
cademan04
1997 XJ Cherokee 

fyi, if anyone noticed the brackets on the vertical bar of the bumper swing arm just below the ladder attachment, those are for my removable fishing rod holder. i had to redo one of them and havent wrenched it down tightly yet. however, i only need one to secure the rod holder sufficiently. the way it works is, the studs run through the front of the rod holder and i use wing nuts to secure it down.
Unread 05-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #24
Spencer43783
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Awww that's cool! Yeah I was just curious cause I seen ya had the tire mounted on the back lol I hunt and fish too so I understand where you're coming from! Although I'd be paranoid of my fishing poles growing legs mounted back there, unless you're not making any stops between fishing holes :-D

But it looks great man! I'm still debating on whether or not to do the roof rack or tire carrier on the rear. I might be like you and do both! Haha
Unread 05-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #25
cademan04
1997 XJ Cherokee 

the roof rack likely wont stay on at all times. i made it plug and play so i can take it off when i know i wont need it for an extended period of time, or if im going to travel a long distance and not need it for the trip. i just added another option to my list for the rack.
Oasis II roof top tent
the good thing is i can save $35 since i wont need the optional ladder, haha.

thanks for following my build thread. i hope it becomes a more popular viewed thread.
Unread 05-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #26
Spencer43783
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm definately loving it so far man! Can't wait to see more!
Unread 05-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #27
cademan04
1997 XJ Cherokee 

i removed the stinger and put on a new front hoop. now i can put more lights on the jeep

Unread 05-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #28
cademan04
1997 XJ Cherokee 

hatch ladder complete. very sturdy and functional.

Unread 05-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #29
Spencer43783
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Looks great! I want your XJ!!! Lol

Any idea when the next upgrades are coming?
Unread 05-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #30
Delaware4x4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I laughed with the caption- Sunk after fishing trip. Why can we never just use the path set aside for everyone else. Gotta love Jeep people.
White Jeep Club Member #74
Delaware4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.