C8.25 spring plate dimensions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > C8.25 spring plate dimensions?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
JGriff99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

C8.25 spring plate dimensions?

Hey guys, looking to find the dimensions on Chrysler 8.25 spring plates. I am going to make my own bumpstop version of these out of 3/8 plate.

JGriff99xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
JGriff99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nobody responded to my post so I got off Jeepforum and actually measured them myself haha. If you guys would like the dimensions to make your own I can try to get them up here for you. I got the dimensions and made a print in AutoCad to go by. I made the plates from 7" x 3/8" flat bar stock. I cut the pieces to 5 3/4" and drilled 1/2" holes for the U bolts to go through and the center pin for the springs should be drilled to about 5/8". Got them installed today with new longer poly bumpstops and everything works great. Went over some speed bumps and a pothole and no more tires in the fenders. Total cost was a clif bar, some water, pb blaster, some spray paint, a little electric, and a couple busted knuckles. I'm satisfied.
JGriff99xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.