C4x4 Tow Hook Installation Writeup - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > C4x4 Tow Hook Installation Writeup

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #31
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I would not have gotten these things installed without this thread!

C4x4's instructions are like:
1. Remove bumper
2. Install plates
3. Install bumper

And yeah, it's nothing like that. The instructions they give you should be like the index for the real instructions.

I would say it takes far more than a basic hand tools to install this. In addition so wrenches and sockets I used an impact wrench, 3 different lengths of extensions, a universal socket for the bolt by the alternator, a drop light and an extra set of hands. I also had to cut one of the torx bolts that hold the bumper to the brackets. It and the speed nut had rusted into unity.

Bottom line: the hardware is great but the directions are severely lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staffybull603 View Post
I figured out why you have the bolts going the way you do. I had to slightly notch the bumper mounting plate for the front bolt. The alternative would have been to use a shorter bolt there.

Last edited by Kevin108; 10-24-2009 at 10:16 PM..
Kevin108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.