***A/C Vacuum Canister Relocation?*** - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > ***A/C Vacuum Canister Relocation?***

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Stopstaringatme
1995 XJ Cherokee 

***A/C Vacuum Canister Relocation?***

I put on a custom off road bumper on my XJ and i need to relocate the A/C vacuum canister that was located inside the stock bumper and was wondereing where i could possibly relocate this d*** thing under my hood possibly????:
Need to know asap showing the car to potential buyer on friday need answers FAST!!!
Thanks
Ian

Unread 06-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I just re routed the line and its just hanging out in the engine compartment, kinda inbetween the PDC and a/c hose (although I dont know if they are in the same location on your 95).

Basically you can just put it in the engine compartment wherever it will fit. Just dont bend the hose too far, i broke the line. Duct tape has worked so far, lol, the vents change a little slow now because I think its peeling off, so I think I need to fix it a little better.

Alternatively, you can screw it back into your offroad bumper with some self drilling screws.
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
Stopstaringatme
1995 XJ Cherokee 

i thought of screwing it into the bumper but there isnt enough room btween the bracket and the can itself to screw it in that way so ill just secure it somewhere inside the engine compartment thanks alot man i have so much work to do on this thing tomorrow before friday...i still have to put my fender flares back on even lol
Unread 06-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Good luck!
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
Whistler31
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I ended up zip tying mine to the coolant reservoir. I did yank all my A/C lines out though, it hasnt worked since I got it and the condenser was leaking.. It should still fit though. I carefully rerouted the line.
Whistler31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c , help needed

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.