a/c stopped working after a week in Vegas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > a/c stopped working after a week in Vegas

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
unistar
2001 XJ Cherokee 

a/c stopped working after a week in Vegas

So I just moved to Las Vegas from Utah and one week into it my a/c goes out on my 2001 cherokee. It was blowing cold one day and the next it was hot. The components in the engine bay check out ok I think. The clutch on the compressor is engaging like it should. I checked some vacuum lines and they were pulling pressure. I figured it leaked the refrigerant out but the hardline going onto the firewall still gets ice cold. In the cabin everything is blowing out the right vents and all. The only problem is if I turn the knob from cold to hot it gets hot but when I turn it back to cold it stays hot. Is there a door somewhere that is stuck so it is only diverting hot air? any ideas?

unistar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
unistar
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Bump. Any ideas out there?
unistar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Your blend door probably is not moving. The motor for the door is on the bottom of the heater box above the trans tunnel. It is attached by three screws to the heater box. Start by taking the motor off the blend door shaft and see if it moves freely. If it does, then I suspect the axle for the blend door is broken and that means the heater box must come out to fix it.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
a/c , air conditioning , las vegas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.