A/C Only Blows Hot Air, Plenty of Freon.... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > A/C Only Blows Hot Air, Plenty of Freon....

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 06-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
NighthawkMDX

Thanks for the suggestions, I will work on the car this week and see what I find.

If the clutch is slipping will it still engage/spin when the car is running?

NighthawkMDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #17
scottsilvia82
1993 YJ Wrangler 

What did you figure out?
scottsilvia82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
MJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsilvia82 View Post
What did you figure out?
Is there a problem you have?
Unread 07-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #19
scottsilvia82
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yes! My fan clutch is bad! Same exact problem! But the problem indicates multiple problems. Moisture in the system could freeze and cause the same problem, the low/high pressure switches could be bad, ect. I have a good way of testing it all. Just wondering if you fixed it. I am drawing down my system in the morning to replace the compressor and clutch. My cluch works when it wants and cuts out when I don't want it to. I have a full rig for AC systems so it makes it easy to trouble shoot. Let me know if yours is working!

Scott
scottsilvia82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
MJR

But a XJ has an aux electric fan for A/C unlike say a YJ.
Unread 05-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #21
RadioAnna
2004 LJ Wrangler 

My 2004 Wrangler X blows hot from A/C

Hi. The clutch isn't turning. We are testing the low pressure switch, but we aren't sure what the norms should be. I read somewhere on here of how to jump past the pressure switch to see if the clutch would start spinning. Can someone help me? I need to take this Jeep to Georgia in a few weeks and we must have A/C.

I dont think there was ever a leak, because trying to top of the freon it took hardly any. No we haven't had it vacuumed. I'd rather not waste the 30 bucks on freon to do that. We aren't getting readings that make any sense from our multimeter untit. we expect it to read 5 volts, and then something else for ohms. Confused.

Please help. Thanks.
RadioAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
MJR

The newer vehicles don't have a sight glass so the only way to make sure the charge it not over/under to to evacuate it and weight what goes back in. If you have something in the system the clutch should kick in. I can't remember off the top of my head whether or not there's one or two pressure switches on a TJ, I can look later. A low pressure one would prevent the clutch from engaging if there's no pressure and also cycle the compressor so as the evaporator doesn't freeze up. A high pressure switch is suppose to prevent compressor damage and system venting should the pressure get too high.

Jumpering the low pressure switch with the a/c on should cause the clutch to engage. There is a relay in the PDC underhood for it and maybe check the fuses.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.