This write up was AWESOME. Here's shots of my take on it.
Got all the pieces for the OBA...except the damn solenoid.
Got a manifold all pieced together. But I needed a place to put it under the hood and a way to mount. Found this T bracket at my local hardware store.
The manifold had one port in the rear and I used a 'flush' plug to close it. There was enough threads hanging out I could use the brass cap to attach it to the bracket.
Cut a piece of metal to mock up the bends I would need to make to the bracket,
Next I made sure my system was empty. Then I removed the original AC lines from the back of the compressor. I also tested the clutch prior to all this by running a hot wire from the positive terminal to the single wire going into the AC compressor.
Started off on the intake side. Some blue monster tape and a pipe reducers and an inline air tool oiler. On the AC system the Freon lubricates the compressor, the oiler draws tool oil straight into the compressor.
Then came the swing check valve. This has a swinging gate valve (Controlled by gravity) that keeps the air from flowing back into the compressor from the system and tank. Make sure you get one that has ALL metal internals. The air coming out of the compressor for about the first couple feet is over 200 degrees.
Next comes the inline filter (draws out water and small debris). I didn't want it to hang unsupported on the hoses, so I needed something to make a bracket out of. Viola......a metal bookend.
Cut it, then mount it with a nut/bolt. Ziptie the filter to the new bracket.
Then slide the hose over the barb fittings on the compressor, filter in and out and the manifold. I used High Heat Silicone hose (again the first 2 feet of air is HOT) for this part, along with crush clamps.
Then I ran an intake line around behind the cooling bottle and up along the inner fender. Still waiting on my mini intake filter.
Im planning on running air ports front and rear, plus my airhorns. Stared off by running the front line down the inner fender on the passenger side, and down behind the battery tray to under the headlight. There I T'd off, one direction for the air chuck, the other towards the airhorn solenoid.
Then used a self tapper and loop to stabilize the T.
Ran airline from the open part of the T to the new 12v solenoid that showed up. Used more self tappers to mount it to the front facia under the temp sensor.
As you can see above I grounded it to the frame, then ran the other side over to my stock horn lead. I cut the end of the lead off and then used 'solder seals' to bind the three way connection together. These things are spendy, but so worth if for a weather tight soldered connection.
Wired and tucked it all into the loom.
Then I connected everything to the pressure switch using 'perma seal' female spades, taped it all up and tucked it away.
I ran the rear airline down behind the brake booster and ziptied it to the brakelines all the way to the rear, then brought it up and behind the driver side tail light housing. I will probably redo this by drilling and using water tight grommets and silicone. I don't like the way it pushes the light housing out.
I pulled out the inner trim and ran the hose through.
The tank would fit perfectly....but only if I got rid of the base of the spare tire bracket. So I pulled the bracket and secured the tank hook. Gonna band the body of the tank to the upper spare tire bracket with heavy metal lined zip tie.
Hang the tank. Note the other second hole in the panel. I will be running a second line out of the tank to an airchuck under the rear bumper, but I ran out of airline.
Plugged the extra hole.