A/C fuse - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > A/C fuse

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
josh1011

A/C fuse

On my jeep it has an old R12 system but does the compressor clutch have a fuse? i found a fuse in the motor compartment that says A/C but i dont know how to check to see if its bad. (its a fuse thats all black and has 4 prongs) my A/C clutch wont engauge even after the ac was on full blast for 5 minutes.

josh1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1011 View Post
On my jeep it has an old R12 system but does the compressor clutch have a fuse? i found a fuse in the motor compartment that says A/C but i dont know how to check to see if its bad. (its a fuse thats all black and has 4 prongs) my A/C clutch wont engauge even after the ac was on full blast for 5 minutes.
That's not a fuse, it's a relay that turns power on to the compressor. Try swapping it for another relay of the same size/type in the fuse box and see if it restores compressor function.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.