A/C fuse - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > A/C fuse

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 07-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
josh1011

A/C fuse

On my jeep it has an old R12 system but does the compressor clutch have a fuse? i found a fuse in the motor compartment that says A/C but i dont know how to check to see if its bad. (its a fuse thats all black and has 4 prongs) my A/C clutch wont engauge even after the ac was on full blast for 5 minutes.

josh1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1011 View Post
On my jeep it has an old R12 system but does the compressor clutch have a fuse? i found a fuse in the motor compartment that says A/C but i dont know how to check to see if its bad. (its a fuse thats all black and has 4 prongs) my A/C clutch wont engauge even after the ac was on full blast for 5 minutes.
That's not a fuse, it's a relay that turns power on to the compressor. Try swapping it for another relay of the same size/type in the fuse box and see if it restores compressor function.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!

For Sale to Good Home---2000 XJ Factory Service Manual (Printed Version) PM for details.
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.