A/C drain fix! What to use? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > A/C drain fix! What to use?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread Yesterday, 08:40 AM   #1
Live2surf32
1998 XJ Cherokee 

A/C drain fix! What to use?

So I noticed that it was still staying wet and I'm pretty sure it is the a/c drain and when I was using the a/c while I was driving it was blowing back into the firewall. And when it would rain it would just flood in through that drain.

I read that to fix the problem I need to hook a 90 on the drain. Has anybody done this to their jeep before I'm not sure how far I should run the 90 down and what size I should get.

Live2surf32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 01:15 PM   #2
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Hmm... I'm missing mine and have no issues.
From what I remember, it was just a short 90 degree bent piece and just dumped out onto the "frame rail".
Don't know what size to get though...
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 04:58 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Stop by the junkyard and stick one in your pocket.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #4
Live2surf32
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
Stop by the junkyard and stick one in your pocket.
Does different years come with different drain pipes. Mines an 98 and I just recently started to have this problem like in the last month or so. I caulked the crap out of the floor board and some seams in by the firewall and lubed my door seals with dielectric grease. Thinking that was the problem. But while I had my carpet up for a few days and no rain I noticed it was still getting damp and there would be water on the floor board. I felt the a/c drain seal from the inside and noticed it was a little wet. I have been driving without a/c and parking my jeep facing downhill. And I haven't had the wet smell anymore.
Live2surf32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.