a/c clutch and compressor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > a/c clutch and compressor

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
nasa999

a/c clutch and compressor

hi all,

new here and in the middle of fixing my 96 jeep cherokee 4wd 6 cylinder. The clutch on my a/c compressor locked up on me and ripped my belt in half. we just replaced the belt with a new one and the compressor and clutch with one we got from pick n pull ( its from a 96 as well, not my idea) we got it all in place and everything back in order. however the clutch wont engage. i was wondering if i just need to charge the system for it to engage, but theres a problem with that as well. were in the middle of doing that and after 1 can the pressure gauge is telling us its over pressurized. could the problem be the compressor itself?

any suggestions are welcomed

nasa999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
96 , a/c , cherokee , clutch , compressor

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.