bypass the headlight delay module???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > bypass the headlight delay module????

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 06-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
sofixj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

bypass the headlight delay module????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok just like the title says can i bypass the headlight delay module in my 1997 cherokee sport. its got power going in but nothing comes out and im not have ing any luck with jy ones.... i dont use the feature so i will not miss it...I just need headlights back cause i dont have any. no low beams or high beams. No high beam indicator either.

help guys i work nights and need my jeep back

_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_) only in a JEEP
sofixj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Why do you think the delay module is the cause of the headlights not working ? What else have you inspected and/or tested ?

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.

CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know how he determined this, but I put one in the mail for sofixj and now it's stuck in a sorting facility since the post office here while they're on strike!

If it's not the delay module, I'd feel like less of a dooche if he gets the lights sorted out, if it is the module I still feel like a retard for mailing it' express' to have it sit in a pile gathering dust.
Unread 06-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
sofixj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

cause we floowed the line and there is power to and from the switch, power into the delay module but no power coming out.
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_) only in a JEEP
sofixj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofixj View Post
cause we floowed the line and there is power to and from the switch, power into the delay module but no power coming out.
Then splice the wires together to bypass the module.

The white/grey wire is power from the ignition.(This also goes to the gauges, ignition interlock magneto, overhead console, and brake light switch.) That is how the module detects if the key is on or off. Work with the rest of the wires and ignore that one.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.