burning brakes of burning clutch? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > burning brakes of burning clutch?

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
master999
1991 XJ Cherokee 

burning brakes of burning clutch?

hi so the last couple of days it has been pretty cold but i doubt that is the reason there are problems, but when i get out my cherokee form driving for like 20 minutes it smells like burning brakes but it might be clutch because i find it difficult to tell the difference. i pulled off my front rotors and pads and they were fine and then i pulled off my rear drums and the shoes have very little braking surface left but they feel fine. and i hardly use the clutch when i am driving becuase its mostly 4th gear roads im on. i have no idea what is wrong.

master999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
1996xj
2005 WK 

IUf the brakes wear burning you would usually see some some coming from it and they would be signs of heat damage on the rotor/drum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toates89
i am just gunna drive around in 4lo on dry streets, and peel out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ
I once got a ticket for jerking while driving it. The cop wouldnt let me use his pen to sign the ticket.
1996xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
master999
1991 XJ Cherokee 

there were no signs of damage to my brakes they felt smooth and looked good, but i dont see how my clutch could be burning, i hardly use the clutch, but i do have EXTREMELY rough shifting, when it warms up it shifts better, but not good
Unread 01-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
master999
1991 XJ Cherokee 

this is a thread bump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.