burning brakes of burning clutch? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > burning brakes of burning clutch?

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
master999
1991 XJ Cherokee 

burning brakes of burning clutch?

hi so the last couple of days it has been pretty cold but i doubt that is the reason there are problems, but when i get out my cherokee form driving for like 20 minutes it smells like burning brakes but it might be clutch because i find it difficult to tell the difference. i pulled off my front rotors and pads and they were fine and then i pulled off my rear drums and the shoes have very little braking surface left but they feel fine. and i hardly use the clutch when i am driving becuase its mostly 4th gear roads im on. i have no idea what is wrong.

master999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
1996xj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

IUf the brakes wear burning you would usually see some some coming from it and they would be signs of heat damage on the rotor/drum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toates89
i am just gunna drive around in 4lo on dry streets, and peel out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ
I once got a ticket for jerking while driving it. The cop wouldnt let me use his pen to sign the ticket.
1996xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
master999
1991 XJ Cherokee 

there were no signs of damage to my brakes they felt smooth and looked good, but i dont see how my clutch could be burning, i hardly use the clutch, but i do have EXTREMELY rough shifting, when it warms up it shifts better, but not good
Unread 01-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #4
master999
1991 XJ Cherokee 

this is a thread bump

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.