Build from Iraq, any suggestions? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Build from Iraq, any suggestions?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #61
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherjpr View Post
Ya, pics of the PA, and specs..where did you get it? I already have a CB, so I should be able to wire up the PA speaker and plug it into my CB and use that, right?
Well I think you could but since the siren itself is the amp, and the speaker can handle up to 100 watts it might blow the normal 4 watt CB output. I'm not really sure on that though. The PA is a Galls StreetThunder Deluxe siren and 100 watt speaker.
As you can see the split loom running down the A-Pillar but it is actually pretty hidden overall. I'm pretty happy with the mounting of it and I have no worries of it leaking. It rained last night and no leaks again.

I temporarily zip tied the speaker next to the airbox but it will be mounted directly behind the bumper after I do engine work.

nrpalmer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #62
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SO FINALLY.......I got to install the new seal and seal flange from Iron Rock Off-road! WHAT A F'ING HASSLE!!!! They were great to talk to but kept messing up and sending me the wrong stuff. Once they even sent me an EMPTY package that my seal was supposed to come in. But today the seal came in and I got it all installed. Now I have to wait til tomorrow morning so the hi-temp RTV sealant can dry before I can drive it.

I also installed a super long breather hose for my dana 44 and used some hose clamps on them to make sure they stay.

A couple days ago I tried removing my tranny pan and replacing the filter. I ended up not wanting to deal with with the tranny dipstick issue, so I just replaced the tranny pan gasket and put in some Lucas tranny oil stuff and atf.

While I was waiting for the stuff from Iron Rock Offroad I also drained the rest of the xfer case fluid and installed some Hurst Hot Shift atf and topped it off with normal atf.
Unread 08-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #63
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Not sure if its been mentiond, but the 32/11.5 are a wide tire. running those now as a DD and they suck. the tire walks the road, every little groove and thats where the truck is going.

great in the woods, but on the asphalt. eh..

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #64
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
Not sure if its been mentiond, but the 32/11.5 are a wide tire. running those now as a DD and they suck. the tire walks the road, every little groove and thats where the truck is going.

great in the woods, but on the asphalt. eh..
Yeah I've thought about it a few times and been trying to figure out which size I want but.......I am not going to turn down any tires if they are free

Also I now have a problem after installing the new seal on the IRO HnT SYE. I have also adjusted the e-brake and now when I am in drive it seems like something is REALLY holding it back, but not in Reverse. So Reverse seems to be perfect but when I am in Drive it seems like somehting is holding me back, like the brakes. But why would it only hold in drive and not reverse?:confused I am going to make a seperate thread for this problem to get more help so please reply on that for the issue.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/seems-like-i-am-being-held-back-drive-but-not-reverse-830729/

Last edited by nrpalmer32; 08-04-2009 at 12:30 PM..
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #65
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You doing intake too?

The injectors might make it run rich if not. I really need to do mine because I have AFE intake, bored TB, and Magnaflow exhaust. If I get a high flow cat Im definately getting some Ford injectors.
Other than that I think you got it covered!
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #66
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofire75 View Post
You doing intake too?

The injectors might make it run rich if not. I really need to do mine because I have AFE intake, bored TB, and Magnaflow exhaust. If I get a high flow cat Im definately getting some Ford injectors.
Other than that I think you got it covered!
For the intake I have a K&N drop in filter and knocked out the side of the airbox, and the bored TB. Also have the Dynomax cat-back exhaust and going to install the new exhaust manifold. I figured since the injectors are very close to the same specs as the stockers it should be good, the only real difference is the 4 hole disk, instead of the one hole disk. Unless I'm wrong

I was looking at the intake to do a cowl intake but it sure is crammed in there! lol I'm going to have to look at some of the pics online!

Also thank you guys very much for everything and all the comments/suggestions guys!
Unread 08-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #67
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrpalmer32 View Post
thank you guys very much for everything and all the comments/suggestions guys!
No thank you very much!!!!

-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
Unread 08-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #68
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
So my buddy with the 32" TSL's just wrote me last night and I guess he didnt want to get me those and he says that he ended up getting me some 33x13.5-15 Nitto Mud Grapplers! lol Im all about getting the 33's especially since I have the TJ flares but should I jump up to a 15x10 wheel with about 4" of backspacing? I'm not to worried about waiting for the wheels since I still have my new BFG M/Ts on there now.
No got with a 8" wheel with 3.5"-4" BS if you can find one you like get the least BS you can to get the tires off your control arms.
Unread 08-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #69
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

So I went out and took a pic of the finished Iron Rock Offroad HnT SYE kit and some minor flexing pics. I still had quite a bit more flex left, this was just something to do in my backyard. lol

Unread 08-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #70
jeepjunkie408
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I am so happy your jeep is so awesome : )

My friend is on his way over to Iraqi in October... he's so scared to store is tj, it's his baby. He has a list like you that he's going to hop on asap when he gets back... not a lot of time, and not a lot of $ is the only things holding him back right now... nice build definatly. : )
jeepjunkie408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #71
justanotherjpr

Cool pictures. Are you still getting bigger tires?
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #72
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Does your interior get very hot with that paint scheme?

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #73
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherjpr View Post
Cool pictures. Are you still getting bigger tires?
Well I have some wheels that I got for almost free sitting out by the Jeep, chrome though. lol But for almost free, and I do like the design, maybe I can get them powdercoated flat black? About the tires though, I'm actually waiting on that guy to bring them over still.

Quote:
Does your interior get very hot with that paint scheme?
Its been over 100* for like 3-4 days so I think all vehicles are hot but it does seem like it gets a little warm, not to worried about it though. It only gets HOT for a little while in Oregon.

The wheels are Moto Wheels and are 15x8 with a 4" backspacing, thats the reason I didn't want to turn them down. I mounted two of them on the driver side without any tires and they stick out the perfect amount. The edge of the rim is barely covered under the TJ flares, which should make the tires stick out a little bit. woohoo

Last edited by nrpalmer32; 08-05-2009 at 12:33 PM..
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #74
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Its been over 100* for like 3-4 days so I think all vehicles are hot but it does seem like it gets a little warm, not to worried about it though. It only gets HOT for a little while in Oregon.
It just seems to me like every dark flat paint job like that has a really hot interior in the sun...I was just curious I guess. For you in OR it prob doesn't matter.

Nice Wheels...maybe you should sell em and buy some steelies

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #75
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Greenmachine View Post
Nice Wheels...maybe you should sell em and buy some steelies
lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.