Build from Iraq, any suggestions? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Build from Iraq, any suggestions?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #46
justanotherjpr

Looks like you got the hack N tap issue solved, lets see the paint! What size tires will you be running?

justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #47
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

I have some pics of the paint but Im going to be taking some pics of the articulation after I get my driveline issue all done. Supposedly they are sending me the spacer today and I should receive it on Wednesday hopefully.

On the tire size, I am waiting for my buddy to drop off some tires. The problem is he keep giving me different options for tires because he, and his buddies, have a lot of tires that are around 75% tread left. Now I guess I will most likely be getting some 33" Pro Comp M/T. lol First he told me 32" TSL's, then 33" Mud Grapplers and now some 33" Pro Comp M/T's. haha I'm not complaining at all though because for free they are all great deals.

So I got the steel for the rear bumper and front bumper. He ended up getting me 5"x2" tubing with 3/16" walls for the main bumpers, and then 3"x2" tubing with 1/4" walls for rear lower quarter panel protectors and tubes that are going to go in the "frame rails".
nrpalmer32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #48
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Here's some pics of the finish paint job. I might add some herculiner later on but for now I'm diggin the green.

Unread 06-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #49
mnridgerunner
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Great build you have going on, are you going to put some protection under the doors?What I did was cut out the rockers and welded 2"x6" tubing in,the best mod I put on it.You can get alot of rocker guards but then your losing acouple inches of your lift.
mnridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #50
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It's so cool to see a clean-cut waggy build

Looks great needs an ARB bull bumper

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #51
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

About the rocker protection, I did want to end up doing the 2"x6" tubing method, I really like those mods. Also with the lower sized lift I wouldn't really want to just lose more clearance.

About the ARB bumper.....I thank you for the suggestion but I am actually going to just build a little stubby bumper for now since I already have the recovery points up front. I have a piece of 2"x5" tubing that will pretty much be sitting in between the two tow hooks. Later on I will be looking into fabbing a nice tube bumper up front with a winch mount.

Well, back to my other thread about the leaky HnT issue, I did receive the extra spacer and I got it installed. I used some black gasket masker in between the two spacers and between the spacers and the housing. Let it sit for a couple days just to make sure it was all dried up and set. Went out to start it up this morning for a test drive and it started LEAKING AGAIN after about 100ft!!!!!!!! I am currently waiting for IRO to call me back to figure this all out!
Unread 07-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #52
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Well here is some retarded news They called me back and informed me that they now have a NEW yoke and seal that they will be selling! So I asked them when they would be able to send them to me and they said that I have to call them next Friday, the 17th, to remind them to send me them. They haven't even got the initial shipment in yet and then once they get them in, they have to send them off to get them anodized. SO it sounds like they should be able to send them next Friday hopefully.

Anyways besides that on the overall build I found a place to install my 100watt speaker for my PA system. I think I am going to mount the PA control box thingy on my ceiling where the center console would go. It just seems like the only place where it will install since I already have my CB installed by my front passenger seat.
Unread 07-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #53
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wow....hope my SYE goes well

Mount it up top!!! That's where my CB is and it looks great IMO

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #54
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Greenmachine View Post
Wow....hope my SYE goes well

Mount it up top!!! That's where my CB is and it looks great IMO
I do hope that yours goes well also! They seem very knowledgeble when I talk to them on the phone and it sounds like its an issue with the older XJ's maybe.

About the PA on the top...yeah I think I am going to then use some rubber washers and then some sealant that I use for work on top to make sure it won't leak. Any problems with that at all?
Unread 07-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #55
justanotherjpr

Years ago, I had to drill a hole in the roof of a car. I used two rubber washers, and a stiff metal washer on each end. I used RTV between everything and made sure to RTV where the bolt passed through the roof. We had that car another few years in Seattle rain and it never leaked a drop.
Unread 07-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #56
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherjpr View Post
Years ago, I had to drill a hole in the roof of a car. I used two rubber washers, and a stiff metal washer on each end. I used RTV between everything and made sure to RTV where the bolt passed through the roof. We had that car another few years in Seattle rain and it never leaked a drop.
Well that sounds good, a little assurance! I was going to use some Vulcum sealant, that stuff in AMAZING!
Unread 07-23-2009, 02:26 AM   #57
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

So for anyone that might be still following this build it obviously slowed down since I am still waiting for my new yoke and seal from Iron Rock Offroad. Supposedly it is going to be here tomorrow in the mail so I will be installing it tomorrow or Friday, depending on if I go rafting tomorrow! Woohoo!

On the overhead PA system install, it went great and there hasn't been any leaks. We had a drizzle about a week ago and nothing came in so that nice. I used a thick metal washer then rubber washer on each side of the metal roofing, and put gasket sealer in between all of the parts as well, and topping it off with some Vulkum sealant on top. And a 100 watt PA system is a must for all vehicles by the way! This thing is so freakin' loud! lol I just have to be careful not to use the sirens, just the horn and PA on it.

I haven't got to do much else because I can't drive it to the shop where I am going to be doing the engine work, but hopefully soon after I get that damned SYE HnT kit done.
Unread 07-23-2009, 03:34 AM   #58
_Trucker
'Bigger Member'

1989 XJ Cherokee 

We're still following it...looking good

NAXJA member # 3388
_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #59
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Where's the pics with the PA? lol

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #60
justanotherjpr

Ya, pics of the PA, and specs..where did you get it? I already have a CB, so I should be able to wire up the PA speaker and plug it into my CB and use that, right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.