Build from Iraq, any suggestions? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Build from Iraq, any suggestions?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 01-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #16
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Hey thank you all for the great comments about serving and all, we do appreciate it all and love serving for the USA. So I am actually back in the states on leave, well for two weeks, and I got to open the hatch on the XJ and see all the stuff I purchased so far! I have got to say that with all the information and reviews from all you guys that the stuff that I have purchased so far is AMAZING!

As with all wish lists, they change from time to time, so when ihave a little more time I will update it. But in addition to what I ahve purchased already I already recieved the 60mm throttle body, mustang design III injectors and waiting for the new exhaust manifold.! Cant wait to isntall it all now! Maybe this next week i'll tackle a couple of them. But overall I wanted to say thank you for the info so far!

nrpalmer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 03:57 AM   #17
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Hey All! Well time is counting down and in hopefully a month this build will FINALLY begin! So with all wish lists things change and so has mine, so here is pretty much what I have sitting either in my wago or in our shed:
- Rubi Express 3.5" SF w/ full leaf packs and .75 coil spacer
- Doetsche Tech 8000 Prerunner shocks with some boots
- JKS front and rear bar pin eliminators
- C4x4 Tow Hook Kit
- C-Rok steering kit (inner and outer)
- New exhaust manifold
- StrokedJeep.com 60mm TB
- Remanufactured Mustang Injectors
- FF Dynamics Triple electric fan conversion
- Rubi Express Extremed Adj Trackbar, mount and the brace
- Rusty's Off-road xfer case drop (just in case as a temp fix)
- Rusty's brake line extension kit
- TnT Unibody stiffeners
- TJ Flare set w/ smoked side lenses
- New brake rotors, pads and caliper rebuild kits
- New brake shoes, spring kit and going to flush the whole brake fluid system with new fluid
- GoFerIt.com tie-rod flip insert
- New Fel-Pro gaskets for oil pan, rear main seal, intake/exhaust manifolds, timing chain cover, throttle body and thermostat housing with a new 195* Superstat
- New CCV pipes
- New trans mount
- Fram tranny filter kit
- New premium distributor cap and rotor, copper
- Alpine IDA-X300 stereo
- Ford Probe seats for the front (got 'em free out of my friends '70 Mustang)
- Ballistic Fab Optima battery box
Overall I'm pretty happy with the build list, it would be nice to get a roll cage or something but that'll happen later down for sure. So there are a couple more small items that I am wanting but as of now thats pretty much gonna be it. I also plan on doing some JY runs to look for the Grand Cherokee tie-rod and possibly a Grand Cherokee rear seat for my kids. Oh and of course if I see some stock skids I'll have to pick those up.
Let me know what you guys think! Thanks for all your help with the info on stuff as well!

Last edited by nrpalmer32; 04-30-2009 at 12:21 PM..
Unread 04-30-2009, 06:39 AM   #18
Bubba46
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome back to the states and thanks for serving. Enjoy the fruits of your labor! (don't forget to get something purdy for the wife - she deserves it too!). Post some pics, we're interested in seeing the build.
Bubba46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #19
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba46 View Post
Welcome back to the states and thanks for serving. Enjoy the fruits of your labor! (don't forget to get something purdy for the wife - she deserves it too!). Post some pics, we're interested in seeing the build.
Well unfortunetly I am not back quite yet! And some of the money also went towards a lot of nice stuff for her as well. She is an amazing woman to deal with me over these two tours! lol She wanted her 96 Accord EX fixed up a little as well, so I got her some new larger rims, header, intake, new Alpine deck, amp and some speakers. But yeah I definitely plan on posting some pics and hopefully a couple during the build as well since I know you guys LOVE pics!
Unread 04-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #20
justanotherjpr
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Build list looks good, take lots of pictures. Thanks so much for your hard work, dedication, and service. You guys put your butts on the line every day for us.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #21
Bubba46
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrpalmer32 View Post
Well unfortunetly I am not back quite yet! And some of the money also went towards a lot of nice stuff for her as well. She is an amazing woman to deal with me over these two tours! lol She wanted her 96 Accord EX fixed up a little as well, so I got her some new larger rims, header, intake, new Alpine deck, amp and some speakers. But yeah I definitely plan on posting some pics and hopefully a couple during the build as well since I know you guys LOVE pics!
Good to hear, the wives have the toughest job in the military.
Bubba46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #22
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you guys for the good thoughts and words! And yes the wives do have the hardest job! For us we are busy doin what we do, and they are home doing things without us that we used to do together. Being reminded everyday that we are gone. I personally have 3 kids and I give her everything she wants just because she's worked her a$$ off while I was gone dealing with those monsters and has done it flawlessly! Well enough with the soppy stuff, I just had to thank you guys for all the info on my list and everything you guys have said!

So if you have ever thought about buying anything from Ballistic Fab, DO IT!! THEY ARE AWESOME!! I wrote them asking about their Optima battery holder to see if they've had any probs with them fitting in an XJ. Well the guy wrote me back with a pic of his XJ! AWESOME!!!! And he did verify that the holder does fit, tightly, which is good I guess. Well here is a quote about his XJ:
Quote:
"36 in irok radials 4.88 gears detroits front and rear. 12k warn winch, still have working ac/heat and all the windows and only a few dings. Getting ready to come up with a long arm setup for the front. And coil set up for the rear is in the works also."

Any thoughts on how I should paint the battery holder? Is there any certain paint that is better around batteries or no? I was thinking like a metallic grey or something but not sure if there is a certain paint that is better.

Last edited by nrpalmer32; 05-03-2009 at 02:15 AM..
Unread 06-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #23
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Alright!!!!!!!!!!!! So finally I am back in the USA and getting ready to do this build, I am beyond excited about this! Right now I am on vacation for another 4 days in Santa Cruz, CA BUT right when I get back the build is starting. Here are a couple pics of what she looks like right now, I took these right after I got home and started her up....with no problems at all. She started up as if she's been running the whole time I've been gone. Anyways here are the curren pics and a pic of my wife's car at the bottom:

And here is my wife's car:

Unread 06-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #24
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wanna trade front clips? I <3 Waggys!!!

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #25
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Greenmachine View Post
Wanna trade front clips? I <3 Waggys!!!
Thats funny u say that because I am actually thinking about purchasing the Jeep 2500 front end, headlights, and fenders. I contacted a company that will ship it to my house including everything for a little under $400. But I just feel like I'd be betraying my sexy Wago lol.......BUT if I end up getting the 2500 parts then I will advertise it on here. How much do you think I could get for front end?
Unread 06-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #26
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for serving, and looks like your gonna have a fun time.
01ClassicXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #27
justanotherjpr
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good. Hope an open cooling system swap is on your list.
Unread 06-05-2009, 01:45 AM   #28
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you johnboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherjpr View Post
Looks good. Hope an open cooling system swap is on your list.
I have heard that the closed systems are actually better at cooling IF everything is running right and it seems that mine is running pretty good because it rarely goes above the curren 185* t-stat, which I'm replacing with a 195*. The only reason that I purchased the triple electric fan conversion kit is to try to get a little better gas mileage and to be able to turn off the fan(s) while going in water.

Is what I heard about the cooling systems wrong?
Unread 06-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #29
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome home! I know how you feel about getting started on your Jeep finally. My buddy's in Kuwait right now(gets home next month some time), and I've been picking up parts for his TJ and cataloging them for him. His Garage is full of Jeep parts, including a JK HP D44 front axle.

Quote:
Kinda diggin the header

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #30
justanotherjpr
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Thank you johnboy!

I have heard that the closed systems are actually better at cooling IF everything is running right and it seems that mine is running pretty good because it rarely goes above the curren 185* t-stat, which I'm replacing with a 195*. The only reason that I purchased the triple electric fan conversion kit is to try to get a little better gas mileage and to be able to turn off the fan(s) while going in water.

Is what I heard about the cooling systems wrong?
The closed system is 'supposed' to be more efficent, but I've never seen one work as well as it was supposed to, especially in a Cherokee.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.