Breaking down the stickied lift setups thread into categories? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Breaking down the stickied lift setups thread into categories?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
Bakounine

Breaking down the stickied lift setups thread into categories?

Since I am relatively new to this forum, pardon me if this has been discussed before, but I thought it would be a lot more useful and user-friendly if the stickied lift setup thread was broken down in categories, like 1.5-2'’ lifts, 3' lifts, 4-5'’ lifts, etc.

The existing thread could be broken down by mods (which could be a somewhat tedious task) or new stickied threads could simply be created.

I think this way, searches could be narrowed down by a good margin.

Your thoughts?

Bakounine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
Bakounine

No one? Anyone?
Unread 03-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Bakounine

Is the title clear enough??
Unread 03-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
Topgun514
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I did this a while back, it was in my profile, pictures and everything

it got deleted
3.5" Lift, RE SF LCA's with skids, 31x10.50R15 Duratracs, ARB Roofrack, Custom Bumper, Glasspack, Bored TB, Custom seats
Topgun514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

It would be nice, but the problem is that nobody looks at the stickies so a ton of work would go to waste. If they Jeep registry was searchable by lift, tire size, etc. I think that would be a big help.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f264/

The search in there doesnt seem to be working for me. It would be awesome to have an advanced search with drop down boxes to specify what tire size, lift, and any other mods (basically search filters) and have it so that when you enter a jeep into the registry you use similar drop down boxes to state your tire size, lift, etc. Then when somebody goes to search it will only bring up jeeps that you want to see.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
keepishop
1989 XJ Cherokee 

It's commonly accepted that up to 3 inches is a mild, cheap lift. Up to 6 is a bit more extreme and may require significant suspension and drivetrain changes (tc drop at least). Over 6 is uncommon, and WILL require completely updated suspension (perhaps longarms) and an SYE.

Current: Black 89 limited, dakota bastard pack, zj coils, 1.5" lift, open cooling swap, bronco 2 carrier, rad fan switch
Rest in Pieces: Red 1990 cherokee dana30/8.25 - v8 zj coils & s10 bastard pack 2.5" lift - 31x10.5r15 tires - v8 zj tierod

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentjeep View Post
Bleed or Quit.
jf irc @ irc.freenode.net #jeepforum
keepishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I agree that the sticky is useless. It's a big pile of information but with no organization whatsoever. Finding what you need there is like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Forget the sticky and just use search. Odds are you'll find what you're looking for. Welcome to the forum!
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I think it would take a lot of work. Especially if its just to save you guys some seconds scanning the stickied thread up top. There's a pretty good variety in the lift setup thread already. But if you guys can come up with a simple solution, maybe like separating a new thread into 5 different posts i post for BBs, 3 - 3.5", 4 - 4.5", 5.5+, etc I could put the differnent setups all in one post so you guys can see it all separated. But I will have to look and see how much work it will take.
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #9
sktr021
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I think its a great idea. Would have been nice to just look at Jeeps with the same amount of lift I was looking for.
sktr021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #10
Bakounine

Perhaps the old thread could just be locked and marked as is (OLD lift thread) so that people could still access the info that’s in there.

Once that’s done, perhaps 4 or more new stickied threads could be created, following categories suggested by bmyohn: BBs, 3 - 3.5", 4 - 4.5", 5.5+ or something along those lines. This would make the stickied section a bit mor busy, but at least it would be a lot less maintenance from mods than a single thread with categorized posts. The classification would be done from the get go.

Folks are always happy to post pics of their rigs, so these threads could be populated quite quickly, I believe.

Also, since this is the the tech section, maybe a few comments from the posters on their respective set-ups could be useful.

PS: As for saving me “some seconds scanning the stickied thread up top”, make it more like 45 minutes scanning all pages to find like 10 posts on BB’s scattered all over the place.

As for the other comment on using the search function, believe me I use it all the time. One of the reasons why I don’t have a lot of posts on this forum since I subscribed in 2008, is that I take the time to search before I post, even though the advanced search function is reserved for paying members only, but that’s another debate...

Anyway, I feel that a bit more organization would lead to less “what do you think about this set-up” kind of posts.
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I will have to talk to the other XJ mods about this. Im not sure we would want 5 more stickies up there. But let me talk to the other guys and see what they say.
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #12
Bakounine

Thanks!

10 characters
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #13
keepishop
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Could just have one sticky with categories and links, such as the tech faq sticky.

Current: Black 89 limited, dakota bastard pack, zj coils, 1.5" lift, open cooling swap, bronco 2 carrier, rad fan switch
Rest in Pieces: Red 1990 cherokee dana30/8.25 - v8 zj coils & s10 bastard pack 2.5" lift - 31x10.5r15 tires - v8 zj tierod

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentjeep View Post
Bleed or Quit.
jf irc @ irc.freenode.net #jeepforum
keepishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #14
98_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It would be nice to have it broken down a little.

1998 Jeep XJ Limited 4x4
- Rough Country Series II 3" Lift
- 31-10.50-15 Duratracs on Black Rocks
- JCR Offroad Stage 3 Front Bumper

2010 Chevy Equinox
98_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #15
EG00TJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

While some/most of the guys dont have those setups anymore .. Theres probably alot more updated pics of those guys..

I think its a good idea, to sticky/lock the old thread while a new one is made and transformed. I duno how you would go about doing it .. but i have 2 Xj's i can add in. 1 being my old one and my current .

Like said above, People LOVE pic-whoring their lifted XJ's ..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.