Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Brand new mopar CPS and still the same issue...

560 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Rockdrummer93 
#1 ·
So recently had some CPS issues. Ran shut off then wouldn't start back up but would crank.. so replaced the cps with a advance sensor that fixed it for a day then put in a mopar sensor and it did alright for about a week now nothing. Gives me the no bus in the dash and will just turn over... need to have this fixed by Thursday for a wheeling trip and can't figure it out.. I really hope it's not the CPS figuring I've bought 2 new ones in less than a month..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Just checked that and everything looks good.. I also just swapped back in the advance auto sensor and same thing I swapped back the original factory sensor in and it fires right up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you unplug the battery when you swap out the sensors?

#7 ·
Test the CPS. If one or both test good, something else is causing the problem, either one of the other sensors is faulty, there is a wiring harness/wire connector problem, or the CPS failure has damaged the engine computer. All the OBD engine sensors operate on their own 5 volt circuit, so there can possibly be a short circuit anywhere in the system.

Report this image
CPS TESTING PROCEDURE 1991 -2001 4.0L H.O. engines

1. Near the rear of intake manifold, disconnect sensor pigtail harness connector from main wiring harness.
2. Place an ohmmeter across terminals 2 and 3 (See Image). Ohmmeter should be set to the 10K-or-2OK scale for this test.
3. The meter reading should be open (infinite resistance). Replace sensor if a low resistance is indicated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.