Blown injector fuse #26 after alternator replaced - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Blown injector fuse #26 after alternator replaced

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 07-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
lucidsoul5

Blown injector fuse #26 after alternator replaced

Hello,
I have a 2000 grand Cherokee laredo v8 4.7 4wd. On my way home the other day I started to loose battery power and by the time I got the car home it died. Sounded like a bad alternator so I replaced it and the car fired right up. It ran for 5 minutes and died. I tried to restart and nothing. I finally found the injector fuse was blown, but once I turn the key in the on position without cranking the engine it blows again. Could it be the brand new rebuilt alternator or a short in the wiring.

lucidsoul5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If your battery is charged, remove the wires to the alternator and isolate them ( taking the alt. out of any circuit) tape the wires and see if it still blows the fuse. If it doesnt its the alternator. The computer controls the alternator so it is possible its the problem.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
lucidsoul5

rjbruzan, thanks for your reply. Taking the alternator out of the equation work perfect. Apparently Autozone gave me a slightly different alternator, which was causing the injector fuse to blow. Up and running again!!
lucidsoul5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.