Blower motor resistor questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Blower motor resistor questions

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 11-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
infob
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Blower motor resistor questions

I am sorry if my questions have been answered but I can't seem to find any info on it...

I recently changed the blower motor, fan speed switch and blower motor resistor due to the motor being shot causing the switch to burn up... Everything works fantastic now after replacing all the bad parts including the little pig tail for the switch but I did notice while i had the fan running on its lowest setting with the resistor out that the little coil got very very hot... Is it supposed to be like that? Is it somewhat air cooled and it just got that hot because it was out of the system and most importantly will my poor beat up xj catch fire because of it?

The jeep is a 93 xj with the 4.0 aw4 np242.

infob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
CmpleteCherokee
1984 XJ Cherokee 

The resistors will heat up a bit, but iirc shouldn't be super hot.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.