Blower motor amp draw??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Blower motor amp draw???

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #1
christianbe
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Blower motor amp draw???

Having a problem with my blower motor melting the 25amp fuses while on the highest setting... It doesn't actually blow the fuse like a short or something, it simply just melts them. That being said, I believe the 20year old fuse panel has seen its better days and I should just bypass it at this point for this system? The fuse leg receptors are corroded a bit and I can see why they would heat up on full amp draw.

Can anyone here help me out with a wiring schematic for the interior fuse panel? Or have they done this already and know which wires I need to pull? I'm just going to do an inline fuse from the autoparts store I guess. Or I could just get another fuse panel although I would rather not spend the $.

christianbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.