post #1 of Old 08-20-2012, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
christianbe
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Blower motor amp draw???

Having a problem with my blower motor melting the 25amp fuses while on the highest setting... It doesn't actually blow the fuse like a short or something, it simply just melts them. That being said, I believe the 20year old fuse panel has seen its better days and I should just bypass it at this point for this system? The fuse leg receptors are corroded a bit and I can see why they would heat up on full amp draw.

Can anyone here help me out with a wiring schematic for the interior fuse panel? Or have they done this already and know which wires I need to pull? I'm just going to do an inline fuse from the autoparts store I guess. Or I could just get another fuse panel although I would rather not spend the $.