Blinker Problems (2000) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Blinker Problems (2000)

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Grand Fan 4eva

Blinker Problems (2000)

About 4 months ago my ABS light came on in my '00. It stayed on for a few days then went out. It did this 2 or 3 more times but it hasn't come back on for at least 2 months now, but now my blinkers are failing. When I turn them on, they blink 2 or 3 times then stop. Some days they are better than others. Some initial searching showed the clock spring was a possible culprit for the ABS light, but that has nothing to do with the blinkers, right? I thought maybe they were related but after some more searching it seems I need to investigate the the blinker switch and the module under the dash. Any thoughts on this? Are the two problems completely unrelated? Cruise control seems to be working fine...
Thanks

'97 XJ ~5" / 33 trxus / RK 3-link / FOA 12" CO's
'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Grand Fan 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Unrelated issues. Start by installing a new blinker module under the dash.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ever figure it out? My 2000 xj did the same thing...blink once, 2 times, depending on the mood it was in....anyways I went to my local auto parts store and bought a new flasher relay for $20...they let me try it out too...idk if it's the same for grands (assuming grand cherokee from your name) but mine was by the left driver's knee under the steering column. Unscrew the plastic, then the metal, and reach in and the flasher relay should be to the left...Good Luck!!

...Wishing I wasn't stock
Edit: Wishing everything worked as it should
JeepaholicNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
Grand Fan 4eva

Never figured it out... It completely went away for a month or two, so I left it. Now it's back. Airbag light randomly came on again for a day also. I guess I just need to stop whining about it and change the flasher then go from there. If/ when I do replace the flasher I will report back with the results. I almost want it to come back consistently now, so I will know immediately if the problem is fixed. Mine is also a 2000 XJ.

'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited
Unread 08-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah consistency can help with problems....like pinpointing my occasional exhaust rattle lol....my check engine light goes through periods of being on and off but it usually stayd off...I think it has to do with the gas cap, but nothing is wrong I don't think so maybe your abs light could be nothing? Does the abs work? Idk if you live near much snow to test that...

Unread 08-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
JeepaholicNinja
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If it does, I'd try to see if it still dies even when the light is on or off...and go from there...good luck!!

Unread 08-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
Grand Fan 4eva

I don't know why, but I've messed this up a few times in other threads too... I meant to say AIRBAG light, not the ABS light. My jeep doesn't even have abs. I edited my previous post.

'00 XJ Stock DD
'68 M715
'98 5.9 Limited

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.