Blinker/Flasher Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Blinker/Flasher Problem

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
hldevore
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Blinker/Flasher Problem

My flashers on my 2000 Cherokee Sport XJ are flaky...my flashers sometimes flash, sometimes just go solid on and don't flash... they NEVER turnoff after I have completed my turn...I'm worried this may be dangerous for my daughter who will be driving within a year and want to fix...

I ordered this part based upon what someone said in another thread http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...ontent=general think this will fix? or do i have somem other prob?

hldevore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

It looks like list time to Replace your turn signal mecinizim. They are not all that hard to replace but you may have l:to remove the steering wheel.
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
hldevore
2000 XJ Cherokee 

blinker mechanism, remove steering wheel?

ugggg. reallY? any idea how i do that? or where how to video? any idea where i get that mechanism?
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
LobstahJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I had the same problem with my 2001 when I got it. I replaced the flasher and never had the problem again. 99% chance that will solve your problem.
LobstahJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

First, replace the blinker flasher module first, because it is cheaper and easier.

To replace the 1997-2001 XJ or TJ multi-function switch/turn signal lever you do not need to remove the steering wheel.

blinker-module.jpg   turn-signal-multifunction.jpg  

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
hldevore
2000 XJ Cherokee 

awesome thanks so much!!!!
Unread 04-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
hldevore
2000 XJ Cherokee 

ok for clarity the picture with the red arrow is pointing at the module to replace first. I bought one of those and am going to pickup... the other picture you show with the lever... that's a different part and is the one I would need to remove the steering wheel to replace should step 1 not work? This jeeoforum is the best!!! I'm looking forward to gaining enough knowledge to help answer some questions for other and pay it all forward...
Unread 04-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #8
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

To replace the 1997-2001 XJ or TJ multi-function switch/turn signal lever you do not need to remove the steering wheel.

Replace the blinker flasher module first, because it is cheaper and easier.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
hldevore
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim
Thanks Soooo much. I replaced the electronic flasher unit and it now works great! Will try and post a pic to help ithers

Tags
blinker , multi-function switch , turn signal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.