Blend doors not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Blend doors not working

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
spalatucc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Blend doors not working

I just replaced my heater core, evaporator core and blower motor and before this the air would flow through all my vents fine. Now it seems the blend doors are not opening when I try to turn the air on. I made sure I reattached all the vacuum hoses in their correct positions before putting the HVAC back in as well. Any ideas why as to why it isn't working correctly now?

spalatucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Since all the doors are vacuum operated, and you say none of them function (the are called "MODE" doors, BTW. The "BLEND" door controls air temperature), I would guess you have no vacuum going to your mode control knob. Check that first.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!

For Sale to Good Home---2000 XJ Factory Service Manual (Printed Version) PM for details.
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
ThaKmFb

The blend door is actually cable driven. The mode doors are vacuum operated. Make sure you have a black and a gray hose goin through the firewall with the evaporator connections. The black one is the supply to the control head the gray one goes to the heater control valve. Make sure you dont have the switched. If those are o.k. check and make sure you have vacuum at the a/c control head. Then go from there.
ThaKmFb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
spalatucc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Mode door

Thanks guys for the replies. When I cycle to a different mode the doors don't open, but if I cycled all the way through and on the way back stop at the one I want it opens correctly. I made sure I plugged all the vacuum hoses up correctly (I've made the mistake of not taking pictures and documenting where things go when I rebuilt my engine). Also, I didn't even touch the one on the control knob
spalatucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalatucc View Post
Thanks guys for the replies. When I cycle to a different mode the doors don't open, but if I cycled all the way through and on the way back stop at the one I want it opens correctly. I made sure I plugged all the vacuum hoses up correctly (I've made the mistake of not taking pictures and documenting where things go when I rebuilt my engine). Also, I didn't even touch the one on the control knob
That sorta sounds like a control problem. Check the vacuum lines that run from the control panel to the junction block behind the glove compartment on the heater box.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!

For Sale to Good Home---2000 XJ Factory Service Manual (Printed Version) PM for details.
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
ThaKmFb

Sounds like maybe the control head
ThaKmFb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c , blower motor

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.