Black 99' Build-stevieboy - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Black 99' Build-stevieboy

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #121
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeler4LIFE View Post
dude, those rims with the bolts, and the flares with the bolts are the icing on the cake. I doubt there is anyone on here that wouldn't be proud the drive that XJ.
Thanks man...I appreciate that
SICK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastar01 View Post
Beautiful Jeep, that's all I can say.
Thank you

99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #122
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
how do your RC shocks ride?? im debating between those and skyjacker..
They ride stiff, but not what I would call unacceptable. Overall, it rides/handles better now than with the stock suspension. Much less body roll, corners very flat. Having said all that, new shocks will be on my list maybe next year...thinking about Bilstiens or OME. I feel for the money, the RC Series II was hard to beat. Hope this helps
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
Unread 08-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #123
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
They ride stiff, but not what I would call unacceptable. Overall, it rides/handles better now than with the stock suspension. Much less body roll, corners very flat. Having said all that, new shocks will be on my list maybe next year...thinking about Bilstiens or OME. I feel for the money, the RC Series II was hard to beat. Hope this helps
yea a little bit. cause im not ready to spend bunches on shocks so it sounds like im gna have to get some crappy ones thanks
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #124
gijazbo
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i have the RC shocks and im not a fan. They ride stiff as can be. I have planned on getting rid of them since week two of putting my lift on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysEdition04 View Post
After reading 7-8 of your posts I've come to the conclusion that you may be mentally retarded, which is why I won't ask what "brain guts" are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb0217;
I live with in an hour of the coast so getting sea foam is easy, but isnt the salt bad for the fuel system??? and how about the people that live farther away can you just foam up water and sea salt ??? if so what kind of mix do I use ??? 1table spoon to a gal of water??? and then how do I "foam it up" mabe a little soap????
My build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/9...29/index2.html
gijazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 05:23 AM   #125
FitchVA
Jeeper 4 Life

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
looks great. time to candy those tail lights.
My XJ Page | My Gallery
FitchVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 05:32 AM   #126
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitchVA View Post
looks great. time to candy those tail lights.
Hey Fitch,
Thanks for the help with that, looks great. I'll be checking your site for the "how to" on it , was it the white XJ?
Unread 08-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #127
FitchVA
Jeeper 4 Life

1998 XJ Cherokee 

yup
My XJ Page | My Gallery
FitchVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #128
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

its funny you ssaid that fitch cause i was just about to pm him saying he should do that. i think it would look great!
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #129
Agungalunga
2001 XJ Cherokee 

stevieboy, what color paint did you use for your brow bar and tow hooks?
Agungalunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #130
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agungalunga View Post
stevieboy, what color paint did you use for your brow bar and tow hooks?
What I had in my mind was graphite. Let me get to the house and look it up for you.
Unread 08-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #131
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajxj9197 View Post
its funny you ssaid that fitch cause i was just about to pm him saying he should do that. i think it would look great!
Great minds think alike
Unread 08-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #132
jeeposaurus
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Build is looking awesome man! Usually I dont like those rusty flares but they really fit well on your beast...possibly because they are installed nice and clean and not hacked into place.

I think once I get my new engine built up I will be going with bilstiens or OME as well. I have heard nothing but good things about OME lifts and shocks.
1990 Black 2 Door, Homemade 3" lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT's on rock crawlers, recovery front and rear, bed lined interior, rockerless, armored rear quarters, magnaflow muffler, CB, DIY Immobilizer, AC to OBA, Silverstars and a nice rack.
Build Up:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/b...ild-up-820250/
325,000km young.
jeeposaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #133
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeposaurus View Post
Build is looking awesome man! Usually I dont like those rusty flares but they really fit well on your beast...possibly because they are installed nice and clean and not hacked into place.

I think once I get my new engine built up I will be going with bilstiens or OME as well. I have heard nothing but good things about OME lifts and shocks.
Thanks man, I'm real happy with the way the flares went on. I didn't care for the black pop-rivets they sent, so I opted for the bolts.

I agree on the Bilstiens/OME, I've read nothing but good reviews on both. Honestly, I haven't made up my mind on which shock of the two I would go with.
Unread 09-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #134
cheRODkee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

This XJ looks awesome...I'm pointing in the same direction, clean and sober, with the same amount of list and a similar tire/wheel combo for using it on sand dunes mainly.

Congrats
cheRODkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #135
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheRODkee View Post
This XJ looks awesome...I'm pointing in the same direction, clean and sober, with the same amount of list and a similar tire/wheel combo for using it on sand dunes mainly.

Congrats
Thanks...post some pics of your XJ when you can. Chile has got to offer some great offroad terrain.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.