Black 99' Build-stevieboy - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Black 99' Build-stevieboy

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #106
jeeposaurus
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
Black magic...that is a great way to describe that topic . Have you seen anything negative posted from running a freer flowing downpipe? I have not, but I continue to read up on the topic. It seems like a stock cat should be back pressure enough
I cant find any direct threads but I work with a bunch of guys running tuner cars and they assure me that naturally aspirated engines require some backpressure to run properly. If that is true or not is beyond me..but I am with you on the comment about the cat providing more then enough back pressure.

1990 Black 2 Door, Homemade 3" lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT's on rock crawlers, recovery front and rear, bed lined interior, rockerless, armored rear quarters, magnaflow muffler, CB, DIY Immobilizer, AC to OBA, Silverstars and a nice rack.
Build Up:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/b...ild-up-820250/
325,000km young.
jeeposaurus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #107
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeposaurus View Post
I cant find any direct threads but I work with a bunch of guys running tuner cars and they assure me that naturally aspirated engines require some backpressure to run properly. If that is true or not is beyond me..but I am with you on the comment about the cat providing more then enough back pressure.
Let me know if you find it. I would like to know one way or another. Have you seen the stock down pipe? I have read the down pipe was "contoured-restricted" to provide front differential clearance. Autozone sells one that does not have the restriction.
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #108
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Update-Rusty's Flare Install

Hello guys, I recently had time to install a set of Rusty's fender flares. I like how they are very close to stock in shape. I did not want to cut my fenders, worried about corrosion, but also wanted the flare to not reveal the uncut fender. I was also able to retain my stock bumper end caps, and have these flow into the contour of the end cap. Very happy with the results.
Stock Flares

Flare removed

Cleaned/waxed

Zip tie inner liner-Front/Rear

Sealed holes with silicone

Now time to mod the rear end cap

Lots of time spent cutting

Finished

99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs

Last edited by stevieboy; 08-02-2009 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: new info.
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #109
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

ahh so much better! those extended fenders bugged me. So much better, now time for that trim to go!
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #110
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajxj9197 View Post
ahh so much better! those extended fenders bugged me. So much better, now time for that trim to go!
Did you notice I've got the fronts off? I'm on the fence about still...got to look at more pics
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #111
cornbrizzle
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I run a header, custom down pipe (mandrel bent) w/ no restriction , free flow cat, flow master muffler with short down pipe after, and it runs just fine
And naturally aspirated drag cars, and MUD trucks, run with just headers ? not much back pressure there , some back pressure will hep with torque, but you will be fine.

just my

Brizzle
cornbrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #112
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbrizzle View Post
I run a header, custom down pipe (mandrel bent) w/ no restriction , free flow cat, flow master muffler with short down pipe after, and it runs just fine
And naturally aspirated drag cars, and MUD trucks, run with just headers ? not much back pressure there , some back pressure will hep with torque, but you will be fine.

just my

Brizzle
Brizzle,

Thanks man, I was hoping someone with this set-up would let me know. I'm changing out the downpipe when I do the exhaust. Thanks again!
Unread 08-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #113
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post

Looks nice

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #114
bingolli
1993 XJ Cherokee 

dude you have a seriously clean xj, i love it! keep up the great work!
Unread 08-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #115
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Did you decide on your exhaust choice yet? I would definitely go with Magnaflow. I have one on my Jeep, and it's one of the best investments I've made on it (so far). Hopefully, I'm going to be getting the Banks Header for it soon too!
SaxManClay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #116
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Greenmachine View Post

Looks nice
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingolli View Post
dude you have a seriously clean xj, i love it! keep up the great work!
Thanks
Unread 08-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #117
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxManClay View Post
Did you decide on your exhaust choice yet? I would definitely go with Magnaflow. I have one on my Jeep, and it's one of the best investments I've made on it (so far). Hopefully, I'm going to be getting the Banks Header for it soon too!
Yes I decided to go with the Magnaflow, and a new down pipe(no restriction) from Autozone, unless someone can steer me to a better down pipe. The Magnaflow cat back will probably be my next purchase
Good to hear you are loving yours
Unread 08-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #118
4wheeler4LIFE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

dude, those rims with the bolts, and the flares with the bolts are the icing on the cake. I doubt there is anyone on here that wouldn't be proud the drive that XJ.

SICK!
4wheeler4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #119
pentastar01
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Beautiful Jeep, that's all I can say.
Unread 08-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #120
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

how do your RC shocks ride?? im debating between those and skyjacker..
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.