Black 99' Build-stevieboy - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Black 99' Build-stevieboy

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 07-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #91
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeler4LIFE View Post
well actually, my jeep's pretty much rust free (that i've found so far. haha) the rust i was reffering too is from paint chips that went through the primer and began to rust. bought some touchup paint and fine sandpaper today

lot of pics in my thread here: http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801096

good pics start page 5
Thanks for the link to the pics...your Jeep looks great. Those are C4x4 rock rails?

99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 07:58 AM   #92
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98junk View Post
5-90's cable set is great. Worth the $$ and I like supporting someone who helps out so many.
Thanks, I am definitely going to get those.
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
Unread 07-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #93
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4XJJeep View Post
Hey, I have a couple questions about your leather steering wheel cover. You go to Wheelskin.com and order a specific wheel cover for the make model of your specific vehicle? What color is yours? Is it the Leather, or euro? Yours seems to be perforated and I don't see that option on the website, Enlighten me! Thanks. Your jeep looks amazing. Keep up the good work!
Mine is black leather. When you order it, specify perforated on the sides. Thanks for the compliments.
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #94
01LimitedXJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Great looking xj, very clean and well thought out. Just an FYI on the alternators, when you buy one, they usually come with a printed out spec sheet, telling you given amps for a given rpm. Full amperage isnt reached until you get to the top of the RPM range. So mostly you will be seeing up to about 2/3 of its amperage just cruising around. If you want a ridiculous alternator...go with mean-green. http://www.mean-green.com/

I did the upgraded wiring on mine, 4 gauge wire with new connectors. Its very easy to do yourself. Just do 1 wire at a time. I still have 3 more ground wires to upgrade, but everything else is done. Good luck with your build, keep us updated!
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #95
4wheeler4LIFE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yes, they are c4x4. and thanks for the compliments
4wheeler4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #96
jeeposaurus
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
jeeposaurus-

Thanks for the great info.. Sounds like an Optima is the way to go. You just sold me on the Magnaflow....talk with you soon
Hehe, keep us updated on the magnaflow. I think you may have convinced me to check out the wheel leather site....seems pretty slick.
1990 Black 2 Door, Homemade 3" lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT's on rock crawlers, recovery front and rear, bed lined interior, rockerless, armored rear quarters, magnaflow muffler, CB, DIY Immobilizer, AC to OBA, Silverstars and a nice rack.
Build Up:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/b...ild-up-820250/
325,000km young.
jeeposaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #97
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01LimitedXJ View Post
Great looking xj, very clean and well thought out. Just an FYI on the alternators, when you buy one, they usually come with a printed out spec sheet, telling you given amps for a given rpm. Full amperage isnt reached until you get to the top of the RPM range. So mostly you will be seeing up to about 2/3 of its amperage just cruising around. If you want a ridiculous alternator...go with mean-green. http://www.mean-green.com/

I did the upgraded wiring on mine, 4 gauge wire with new connectors. Its very easy to do yourself. Just do 1 wire at a time. I still have 3 more ground wires to upgrade, but everything else is done. Good luck with your build, keep us updated!
Thanks for the great info.. Meangreen seems like way to go, straight bolt in swap, after I get the battery cables upgraded.
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #98
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeposaurus View Post
Hehe, keep us updated on the magnaflow. I think you may have convinced me to check out the wheel leather site....seems pretty slick.
Will do. I'm seriously considering replacing the downpipe (after header). Have you seen how restricted it is? Do the steering wheel...it is the one thing you are fully interacting with always
Unread 07-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #99
jeeposaurus
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
Will do. I'm seriously considering replacing the downpipe (after header). Have you seen how restricted it is? Do the steering wheel...it is the one thing you are fully interacting with always
I think the restriction actually helps with a little back pressure after you move to a more free flowing exhaust...just guess tho...backpressure talk on the forums is kind of like talking about black magic.

I know if I end up building my 4.7 stroker I will be wanting to change the exhaust from the headers back.
1990 Black 2 Door, Homemade 3" lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT's on rock crawlers, recovery front and rear, bed lined interior, rockerless, armored rear quarters, magnaflow muffler, CB, DIY Immobilizer, AC to OBA, Silverstars and a nice rack.
Build Up:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/b...ild-up-820250/
325,000km young.
jeeposaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #100
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeposaurus View Post
I think the restriction actually helps with a little back pressure after you move to a more free flowing exhaust...just guess tho...backpressure talk on the forums is kind of like talking about black magic.

I know if I end up building my 4.7 stroker I will be wanting to change the exhaust from the headers back.
Black magic...that is a great way to describe that topic . Have you seen anything negative posted from running a freer flowing downpipe? I have not, but I continue to read up on the topic. It seems like a stock cat should be back pressure enough
Unread 07-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #101
mjs4-0xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Your XJ is my XJ's big brother!
mjs4-0xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #102
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I need new axle u-joints-suggestions

I have been getting an occasional tugging on the steering wheel while turning. It was diagnosed as a bad front axle u-joint. When it is cold, the tugging on the steering wheel (binding of the joint is more pronounced). Does anyone have a good recommendation for replacement. I wouldn't mind putting something in that might be a little more heavy duty. My XJ has 90,000 miles on it.
Unread 07-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #103
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs4-0xj View Post
Your XJ is my XJ's big brother!
Separated at birth...NICE
Unread 07-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #104
jeeptorino68
1992 XJ Cherokee 

can you give me any info on that bar that the lights are on, that looks pretty sweet.
92 XJ 4.0 HO,AW4, NP242, 30" BFG AT, 1.75 spacer and ZJ coils, double cherokee leaf pack and 2 inch rough country shackles, 2.5 inch dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas skid, front skid, warn t-case skid, 99+ intake, bored TB

02 KJ Limited, 255 70 16s, front skid, LS/373 gears
jeeptorino68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #105
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptorino68 View Post
can you give me any info on that bar that the lights are on, that looks pretty sweet.
It is the Detours Lite Bar...detoursusa.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.