Black 99' Build-stevieboy - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Black 99' Build-stevieboy

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #751
blkJEEPch13

Hey Stevieboy, great looking one you got there, I have a black xj as well looking into fixing up the paint like you did. Mine has seen better days do you still think its worth it, it's got some small minor scratches nothing major except for one dime size rust spot near roof, any suggestions for that as well, any info is much appreciated

blkJEEPch13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #752
sirvs
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I absolutely love this build. It has given me so many better ideas for my 99 2 Door Sport. I hope you don't mind me stealing a few ideas
Thank you for posting everything and responding to everyone! I've got a few questions, but I'll PM you instead
sirvs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #753
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkJEEPch13 View Post
Hey Stevieboy, great looking one you got there, I have a black xj as well looking into fixing up the paint like you did. Mine has seen better days do you still think its worth it, it's got some small minor scratches nothing major except for one dime size rust spot near roof, any suggestions for that as well, any info is much appreciated
For the rust, that will need to be sanded clean, primed and painted. For the scratches, you can try using a light cutting polish. Check chemicalguys.com for products to help with that. Follow that with a good sealant and wax, of JetSeal109. Hope this helps.

-Steven
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #754
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirvs View Post
I absolutely love this build. It has given me so many better ideas for my 99 2 Door Sport. I hope you don't mind me stealing a few ideas
Thank you for posting everything and responding to everyone! I've got a few questions, but I'll PM you instead
PM replied

-Steven
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #755
gcy24
1999 XJ Cherokee 

what brand are the switches on your center console? and how did you go about wiring them there?

selling "snowflake" 15x7 wheels with 225/75/15 tires, pm me.
gcy24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #756
Hunterdog
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Great looking Cherokee! I just picked up a near perfect silver 2000 that was traded in at my store and this is the look I am going for. Great job!

My first Jeep and I am looking forward to making it a kick *** machine! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hunterdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #757
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Stevieboy, I still show people your Cherokee and still in awe of your paint and cleanliness of your XJ. I was wondering I got my steering wheel cover but how did you do the shifter and did you ever end up doing e brake and t-case shifter???

Black Beast Build

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
VTEK1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #758
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEK1 View Post
Stevieboy, I still show people your Cherokee and still in awe of your paint and cleanliness of your XJ. I was wondering I got my steering wheel cover but how did you do the shifter and did you ever end up doing e brake and t-case shifter???
Hi, thanks for the compliment. I did the shifter and e-brake handle in the perforated leather. I had them send me a little extra of that material. Here's a look.

On those three handles, I pulled together a raised seam and then stitched it together. I used a little silicone on the underside of the handles so they don't move when you pull on them.
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #759
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Love the aluminum/steel looking covers for shifter cover......where did you find those nifty things?? Like the wraps ill have to see if I can get them to sed me some extra for the shifter and t-case shifter.

Black Beast Build

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
VTEK1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #760
xjdavid

I was just curious with a 6 inch lift are you still running the same original tire size as in your first page? I'm looking to lift my jeep to 5 inches and I want to run the same tire and wheel spec as yours is there anyway you can let me know what those specs For both rim and tire size are?
xjdavid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #761
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjdavid View Post
I was just curious with a 6 inch lift are you still running the same original tire size as in your first page? I'm looking to lift my jeep to 5 inches and I want to run the same tire and wheel spec as yours is there anyway you can let me know what those specs For both rim and tire size are?
Hi David,

I am running the same tire size as on the first page, that being 265/70R15 on a 15x8 wheel.
Unread 03-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #762
TumTum3
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Great build bro. Where did you get the two hooks next to the factory fogs and how did you mount them?

Last edited by TumTum3; 03-22-2014 at 11:43 PM..
TumTum3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #763
Live2surf32
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Can I buy your XJ! This thing is my dream of what an XJ should be. Best looking one I have ever seen and very inspiring ideas that I'm probally going to steal.

Also if you don't mind me asking. What do you think you have into it so far parts wise?
Live2surf32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #764
Live2surf32
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumTum3 View Post
Great build bro. Where did you get the two hooks next to the factory fogs and how did you mount them?
x2
Live2surf32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #765
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

This is a nice rig man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.