Black 99' Build-stevieboy - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Black 99' Build-stevieboy

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-23-2009, 08:40 AM   #46
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

Great great great lookin XJ! You sir, have class...

And I didnt look back to see what axles you have, but check out Arbslikewhoa's sig... he has a brand-new aussie locker for 8.25 29 spline, for sale...

BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #47
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitchVA View Post
thanks! i drove my green xj around for about 2+ years as my dd'er with ARB's front and rear. invisible 100% when they're disengaged and full on bad-arse when engaged. but it might be overkill to have them front and rear depending on how much offroading you do and what type of trails.

so if you want the best (and most expensive) option for street & offroad, i would go with an ARB in the rear axle for the reason i listed above. but if money's a little tight, i would pick up an aussie locker for the rear.
Thanks Fitch,

I was on ARB's site the other night and watched some videos of there lockers...damn impressive. My first choice will be the ARB (rear) as you suggest, I'll have to save a while for that. The Aussie locker you spoke of, is it very noisy(clicking) during operation? Also, what would be the street characteristics of driving with it. I read of guys say "you get used to it in the snow", can you explain. Sorry for the NOOB questions...I'm a first timer
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #48
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan318 View Post
Great great great lookin XJ! You sir, have class...

And I didnt look back to see what axles you have, but check out Arbslikewhoa's sig... he has a brand-new aussie locker for 8.25 29 spline, for sale...
Thanks man, she is coming along I'm running 8.25/29, so I will definitely look at that ARB.
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #49
kenC
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It looks really nice,unlike some stuff I've seen.We have seen pics of it clean now we want pics of it muddy.LOL
kenC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #50
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenC View Post
It looks really nice,unlike some stuff I've seen.We have seen pics of it clean now we want pics of it muddy.LOL
I'll try and get it done...
Unread 07-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #51
FitchVA
Jeeper 4 Life

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
Thanks Fitch,

I was on ARB's site the other night and watched some videos of there lockers...damn impressive. My first choice will be the ARB (rear) as you suggest, I'll have to save a while for that. The Aussie locker you spoke of, is it very noisy(clicking) during operation? Also, what would be the street characteristics of driving with it. I read of guys say "you get used to it in the snow", can you explain. Sorry for the NOOB questions...I'm a first timer
i don't have any 1st hand experience with the aussie so i can't comment on how loud they are. the aussie and other "auto" lockers will sometimes lock up when you're on patchy ice/snow covered roads where one tire is on dry and the other is on slick surfaces. when this happens it can try and pull you into the other lane. also if you try and give it gas through a turn in the snow, it will want to swap ends on you. but like they say, with experience, you'll be fine driving in the weather.
My XJ Page | My Gallery
FitchVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #52
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitchVA View Post
i don't have any 1st hand experience with the aussie so i can't comment on how loud they are. the aussie and other "auto" lockers will sometimes lock up when you're on patchy ice/snow covered roads where one tire is on dry and the other is on slick surfaces. when this happens it can try and pull you into the other lane. also if you try and give it gas through a turn in the snow, it will want to swap ends on you. but like they say, with experience, you'll be fine driving in the weather.
Now that sounds like fun Gotta cogitate on this for a while... Thanks.
Unread 07-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #53
99XJburton
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have an aussie in my 30 and hardly notice it on the road, only time i really hear it clicking is when i make a uturn, works great off the road too. You cant beat it for the price, easy to install too.
Unread 07-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #54
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99XJburton View Post
I have an aussie in my 30 and hardly notice it on the road, only time i really hear it clicking is when i make a uturn, works great off the road too. You cant beat it for the price, easy to install too.
Thanks for the info., still not sure which way to go. Do you use your XJ as a daily driver?
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #55
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

An Aussie in the front is a good idea...I really look down on rear lockers for guys who are on a budget. I have seen many times where guys have ARBs/detroits/OX/Aussie in the rear and it really doesn't do them any good. Then they but an Aussie in the front and their performance improves drastically.

$249 for a front Aussie from Northridge 4x4...best $249 you'll ever invest besides AJs rockrails

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #56
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Greenmachine View Post
An Aussie in the front is a good idea...I really look down on rear lockers for guys who are on a budget. I have seen many times where guys have ARBs/detroits/OX/Aussie in the rear and it really doesn't do them any good. Then they but an Aussie in the front and their performance improves drastically.

$249 for a front Aussie from Northridge 4x4...best $249 you'll ever invest besides AJs rockrails
Alright, locker in the front axle, only in use when in 4x4. Does it make much difference on the way it steers? Let me know your thoughts.
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #57
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Can I get another pic of the painted bezel? I like it!
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #58
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Did a small lighting upgrade today. Since I installed the clear turn signals, I hadn't replaced the stock bulbs. I went to buy the amber bulbs (3157) and do the FitchVA mod, and found these

I had already upgraded the headlamps with the Silverstars, so I figured I would give these a shot. They are designed to work with clear lens, and are amber when they are on.

Lights off-new bulb. They give off a little irridescent glow.

Lights off-standard clear bulbs

Lights on-with JK fogs

Lights on-standard clear bulb

With Silverstar Headlights
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #59
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
Can I get another pic of the painted bezel? I like it!
Sure, here you go
Unread 07-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #60
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The man in the brown truck showed up today
A little tease:

This should clean up the wheel wells a little.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.