Black 99' Build-stevieboy - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Black 99' Build-stevieboy

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-22-2009, 10:32 PM   #16
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajxj9197 View Post
ever consider taking off the side trim? i think it would add to the clean look of the build
I am considering it, as they need to be refinished. Do you have any quick links/pics of them removed i can use as reference? Thanks.

99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #17
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Greenmachine View Post
That is one of the cleanest looking XJs of all time...

I love those wheels man...makes me want a black XJ
Thanks...I really need to get it offroad and dirty, hopefully soon In the meantime, it's been getting cleaned and any rust /corrosion taken care of.
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
Unread 07-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #18
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ght=xj+no+trim
that thread has a good number of pics with diff xj's without trim.
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #19
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ght=xj+no+trim
that thread has a good number of pics with diff xj's without trim.
Thanks ajxj,
Looks it might be my next mod Definitely looks better. Now I'm searching for a photo of a black XJ, no trim.
Unread 07-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #20
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

ya i know ive seen it around here. i just cant remember what member it was. im stilll searching on it but trust me it looks much cleaner and i think once my trim fades some more ill be doing it too.
Unread 07-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #21
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
ya i know ive seen it around here. i just cant remember what member it was. im stilll searching on it but trust me it looks much cleaner and i think once my trim fades some more ill be doing it too.
If you do find it, send it along. Much appreciated! By the way, have you ever wheeled the Badlands. I met a fellow XJ owner who was telling me about it. Might be my first wheeling trip in the Midwest.
Unread 07-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #22
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Dang, thats purdy. I'd almost feel bad wheeling it.

Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #23
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...light=black+xj
post 9 and 10 have black xj's no trim. And no i havent, havent heard anything bad about it. Me and my friends are gonna try to plan a trip there. They got everything from beginner to hardcore stuff so deff. a good place to test out your setup.

EDIT: in the above thread i post 18's first pic has clear lenses and such like you so i think thats a good idea of what urs will look like.
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #24
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckinauster View Post
Dang, thats purdy. I'd almost feel bad wheeling it.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks tuck,

As much fun as I'm having building this, I can't wait to wheel it
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #25
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...light=black+xj
post 9 and 10 have black xj's no trim. And no i havent, havent heard anything bad about it. Me and my friends are gonna try to plan a trip there. They got everything from beginner to hardcore stuff so deff. a good place to test out your setup.

EDIT: in the above thread i post 18's first pic has clear lenses and such like you so i think thats a good idea of what urs will look like.
NICE...really appreciate it!
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #26
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

yep no prob. man if im ever up near the burbs again like i was the last couple weeks i really need to check that thing out!
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #27
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
yep no prob. man if im ever up near the burbs again like i was the last couple weeks i really need to check that thing out!
Absolutely
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #28
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

what suburb are you in? i was up at lincoln way east high school last week, then downers grove the week before.
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #29
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
what suburb are you in? i was up at lincoln way east high school last week, then downers grove the week before.
Oak Park, unless I'm in the city working (Lincoln Park).
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #30
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

ahh gotya, so besides trim, what are the future plans?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.