Black 99' Build-stevieboy - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Black 99' Build-stevieboy

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #226
Rough Country
Vendor
2002 WJ 

They are JK fog light replacements. I think they sexy!

Rough Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #227
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabongopblue View Post
Looks fantastic.

Hey i was also wondering what model of the delta lights you have recessed in your front bumper? Do you have a writeup on it? did you just cut a hole and then stick them in there?. I really want to do what you did like that. Thanks man!
As Rough Country stated, they are JK direct replacements, made by Delta Tech. I sourced them through Quadratec. The only real hard part of it is cutting the holes in your bumper, as it is not a flat surface. I broke off two of the 1/4" pilot bits, so just take your time. The light it self bolts from behind, into the billet trim ring. You will need a little fill, I used clear fuel line hose to provide a little backing from the "step" in the bumper. I then wired into my cigarette lighter. Don't forget to paint your bumper after you saw through it.
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #228
99xjjoe
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Lakemoor is off rt 12 and rt 120, south of Fox Lake and north of Wauconda, when you gone to take that beast off roading?
Unread 10-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #229
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99xjjoe View Post
Lakemoor is off rt 12 and rt 120, south of Fox Lake and north of Wauconda, when you gone to take that beast off roading?
Got it. I hoping to get to Badlands next weekend. I'll post some pics if I do.
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
Unread 10-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #230
cheRODkee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
Thanks, this is my first Jeep, and I can't believe how into it you become. It's quite an addiction The AT2's are great, really liking them. They have very good wet traction, rated for snow, and ride pretty quiet. The best part is the price. I have FitchVA to thank for turning me onto them
Hey!

Have you tried them over sand???

Cheers
cheRODkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 07:21 PM   #231
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheRODkee View Post
Hey!

Have you tried them over sand???

Cheers
Sadly no...they have been confined to pounding the pavement and a few gravel roads. Stay tuned.
Unread 11-07-2009, 06:56 AM   #232
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Roof Rack Lights

I got some lights installed on my roof rack. I went with four Hella 500 driving lights(55w). I didn't want to spend a small fortune on the lights, I don't see myself using them a great deal, but like the look. The Hellas fit the bill. I'll get them wired up and post that when I'm done. Here's a look:

Unread 11-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #233
geaganj
2006 WK 

Quote:
I got some lights installed on my roof rack. I went with four Hella 500 driving lights(55w). I didn't want to spend a small fortune on the lights, I don't see myself using them a great deal, but like the look. The Hellas fit the bill. I'll get them wired up and post that when I'm done. Here's a look:

Those are PERFECT 'screw you' lights (someone cuts you off, flip em on & say SCREW YOU!!!)

Great build, giving me WAY too many ideas!
'00 Black XJ, 3" RC lift, Safari Rack (sold...I miss it)
'95 Flat Black YJ, 2.5" RC lift w/1" boomerang shackles, Smittybilt front & rear bumpers
geaganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #234
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geaganj View Post
Those are PERFECT 'screw you' lights (someone cuts you off, flip em on & say SCREW YOU!!!)

Great build, giving me WAY too many ideas!
Way too many ideas............feed the addiction
Unread 11-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #235
MLTXJ9889
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Its so so clean haha. Nice work.
MLTXJ9889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 02:19 AM   #236
MGxj5875
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Was your jeep repainted? What kind of polish do you use? Easilly one of the nicest and definately the CLEANEST cherokee here!!!! WAY NICE!!!
MGxj5875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #237
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Woah , nice jeep man , its sick nice build. Very clean jeep . Wish I still had my XJ
Unread 11-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #238
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGxj5875 View Post
Was your jeep repainted? What kind of polish do you use? Easilly one of the nicest and definately the CLEANEST cherokee here!!!! WAY NICE!!!
MG-
Thanks man. It is the original paint. It's not perfect by any means, but I was able to bring it back to life fairly well. This is the paint restoration process, I copied this from page #1 of the build:

This jeep probably had never been waxed, and a typical wash was a rinse off with the garden hose while dragging a rag across the surface...ouch! I started with a good wash, then clay bar treatment, amazing what that picks up off the "clean" paint. Next, P21S paint work cleanser, this was done to help remove small scratches. Followed by Poorboy's EX-P sealant. Finished off with a coat of good Carnuba wax, I used Poorboy's Natty World Blue. You won't believe the results. A great site to check out is detailedimage.com. Good explanations and products. Hope this helps.

Unread 11-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #239
MGxj5875
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
MG-
Thanks man. It is the original paint. It's not perfect by any means, but I was able to bring it back to life fairly well. This is the paint restoration process, I copied this from page #1 of the build:

This jeep probably had never been waxed, and a typical wash was a rinse off with the garden hose while dragging a rag across the surface...ouch! I started with a good wash, then clay bar treatment, amazing what that picks up off the "clean" paint. Next, P21S paint work cleanser, this was done to help remove small scratches. Followed by Poorboy's EX-P sealant. Finished off with a coat of good Carnuba wax, I used Poorboy's Natty World Blue. You won't believe the results. A great site to check out is detailedimage.com. Good explanations and products. Hope this helps.

Unread 11-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #240
303_XJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Stevie, I'm looking at pretty close to the same tire size for my rig. Do you park that beauty in a garage? How tall is your rig total with the spare tire on top? Reason I ask is that I work in the city and I am required to park in a parking garage with only 80" of clearance. Lame I know, but it would cost me a fortune to park on the street everyday.
303_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.