Black 99' Build-stevieboy - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Black 99' Build-stevieboy

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-20-2009, 09:17 PM   #196
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleyrz View Post
No I gotta save up for the intake. More important things need to take place like a coolant flush, thermostat and coolant temp sensor, belt, cap rotor wires. Maybe for christmas though . If I'm lucky I can get that from my dad, pacesetter headers from the BF, and just save myself for the exhaust and have one awesome jeep by my b-day in february . What disc brakes are you going with? What rack?
I hear ya! First things first right? Sounds like a great christmas gift to me
I went with Teraflex for the disc. conversion, we are still sorting out the e-brake cables with them. I'll get into it more when I do the write-up. For the rack I chose a Trocko, not well known, but great quality. Pics coming soon

99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #197
Beefcake7777
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i just read your whole thread and i gotta say, you have my dream xj. its inspired me alot to do the same things to my xj.

Last edited by Beefcake7777; 10-20-2009 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: badass
Beefcake7777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #198
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
I hear ya! First things first right? Sounds like a great christmas gift to me
I went with Teraflex for the disc. conversion, we are still sorting out the e-brake cables with them. I'll get into it more when I do the write-up. For the rack I chose a Trocko, not well known, but great quality. Pics coming soon
Sounds awesome Steve! Can't wait for the pics and write ups. I'm still waiting on that exhaust video from you
1996 ZJ Laredo, 5.2L V8, 3" Kolak exhaust, K&N FIPK, 4300K HID's, Sold

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...27&ref=profile
Haleyrz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #199
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake7777 View Post
i just read your whole thread and i gotta say, you have my dream xj. its inspired me alot to do the same things to my xj.
Thanks Beefcake I have to say it, the only reason my build has come together as it has is because of these forums. I'm new to Jeeps and offroading, and the shared experience is what these forums are all about. Good luck with your mods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleyrz View Post
Sounds awesome Steve! Can't wait for the pics and write ups. I'm still waiting on that exhaust video from you
That damn exhaust video is dogging me
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
Unread 10-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #200
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

New Roof Rack with Spare

I ordered this rack from Trocko. A friend turned me on to them. They are new to the U.S. market. I was able to get a promotional deal on the rack. Very satisfied with the quality and design. This is their small rack, 40x51, and weighs 36lbs.. It mounts to the cross members of my factory rack. It's working fine, a little creaking now and then. I'm going to have JRC fab a cross bar and use there rain gutter mounts, as I want it strong enough to be used as a photo platform.
Here's a look:

Unread 10-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #201
Beefcake7777
1999 XJ Cherokee 

one question, how did you get your stock lights clear colored in the front? id like to do the same
Unread 10-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #202
makemusic116
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Dude your Jeep is almost too clean to take through the woods. You should buy some rainguards to add to the blacked out look
Flowmaster Super 44

My Build Thread...Everyday XJ
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/e...build-1172798/

Build Total So Far: $1,738.87
makemusic116 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #203
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake7777 View Post
one question, how did you get your stock lights clear colored in the front? id like to do the same
They are clear lens that I ordered on ebay from a vender named GTracers. Check page 4 of this thread, I show you which bulb I used. Hope this helps.
Unread 10-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #204
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemusic116 View Post
Dude your Jeep is almost too clean to take through the woods. You should buy some rainguards to add to the blacked out look
Rainguards?
Unread 10-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #205
Beefcake7777
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy View Post
They are clear lens that I ordered on ebay from a vender named GTracers. Check page 4 of this thread, I show you which bulb I used. Hope this helps.
thanks, nice roof rack by the way
Unread 10-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #206
JMC-14
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Man, that is one of the cleanest XJ I've seen. I'd hate to get pin striping on that from trail brushes. Looks good though!
JMC-14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #207
lowicz96
1995 XJ Cherokee 

What a second... Jeeps can look that nice? I've been driving around in black color turd then...

88' Cherokee Limited - RIP

Sold - 96' Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2 Door, AW4, NP242, Its the girlfriends now!!
lowicz96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #208
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

Steverz, nice job!! Man, now I need to find a 5.9L grand Cherokee roof rack so I can get one of those racks. Thatnks a lot man. Lol. And yes, you will continue to loose cool points until we get an exhaust clip.
1996 ZJ Laredo, 5.2L V8, 3" Kolak exhaust, K&N FIPK, 4300K HID's, Sold

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...27&ref=profile
Haleyrz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #209
cheepjeep96
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Nice jeep!!! I love how it is. What kind of camera are you using? pictures are so sharp and colour full
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy
If you only have the 1 clutch however, I'd suggest keeping it if you expect to move by anything other than 1. gravity or 2. transcontinental drift. Both are time tested to work, but you might not get exactly where you want to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapfix View Post
Scanner? You don't even have doors... :p
cheepjeep96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 05:11 PM   #210
billabongopblue
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Haha i want to know what kind of wax that you use, or tips on making it shine and look like that! Makes my black look like crap.
billabongopblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.