Black 99' Build-stevieboy - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Black 99' Build-stevieboy

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #151
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherofair View Post
How much did all of these improvements cost?
You can get there prices off their website:JcrOffroad, Inc.
as far as install, they were way more than fair. The quality of there products is really impressive, I would definitely recommend it.

99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #152
RoyalXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

nice. but does it get used offroad?
Unread 09-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #153
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Sick rig man. I really like those sliders, but personally would have gone with black. Some 5% window tint all around would look awesome. I love the blacked out look. Now get out there and put some dings and scratches on that thing...

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #154
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalXJ View Post
nice. but does it get used offroad?
Thanks. Soon to be...
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrailratedJ View Post
Sick rig man. I really like those sliders, but personally would have gone with black. Some 5% window tint all around would look awesome. I love the blacked out look. Now get out there and put some dings and scratches on that thing...
Thanks. See above
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
Unread 09-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #155
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Here's a few pics of the Magnaflow cat-back that went in last week...sounds /feels good. I also have a 62mm throttle body (Jeepers and Creepers) waiting for me to start on. Love to hear some thoughts on CA intake systems. I'm hoping for something that has a little protection from water. Not really ready to go with a snorkel.

Unread 09-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #156
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

aFe 54-10422 - AFE Stage 2 Intake System for 91-01 Jeep® Cherokee XJ with 4.0L 6 Cylinder Engine - Quadratec

You can't really beat that deal if you want a true cold air intake with heat sheild. If you wanna go cheap, do what I did and do a spectre filter on 3" DWV tube. You should take a video of that exhaust. I really want to hear that!!
img_0141.jpg  
1996 ZJ Laredo, 5.2L V8, 3" Kolak exhaust, K&N FIPK, 4300K HID's, Sold

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...27&ref=profile

Last edited by Haleyrz; 09-27-2009 at 07:56 PM..
Haleyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #157
makemusic116
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I really like your flares are they Rusty cut outs?
Flowmaster Super 44

My Build Thread...Everyday XJ
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/e...build-1172798/

Build Total So Far: $1,738.87
makemusic116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #158
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleyrz View Post
aFe 54-10422 - AFE Stage 2 Intake System for 91-01 Jeep® Cherokee XJ with 4.0L 6 Cylinder Engine - Quadratec

You can't really beat that deal if you want a true cold air intake with heat sheild. If you wanna go cheap, do what I did and do a spectre filter on 3" DWV tube. You should take a video of that exhaust. I really want to hear that!!
That intake looks good. I have a buddy running the K&N kit, it's nice, but looks susceptible to water contamination. This one sounds like it drops into the factory air box. AIRAID 310-136 - AIRAID® QuickFit™ Series Intake System for 91-01 Jeep® Cherokee XJ with 4.0L I6 Engine - Quadratec Better protection?
Unread 09-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #159
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

http://jeephorizons.com/news/images/...xj_install.jpg
yeah it does just drop in there, but it uses the same air tube like i'm using, which disrupts airflow. So for $210 I'd say its not really that worth it for the small filter and shield. The AFE routes the tube back around the brake booster, and gives room for a bigger filter. The K&N is a straight tube, so better flow, but more expensive. You should have the splash shield (that fabric rubbery thing under the engine bay) unless its taken off. That should keep quite a bit of water out. If you are really worried about water, and plan to tred water often, then I recommend keeping the stock box and just do an amsoil drop in filter (its better than the K&N drop in filter. Flows better and is a dry filter, so no oil upon cleaning).

Unread 09-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #160
jackdup
1998 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/x...stions-861988/

i just installed the afe and am very happy with it..especially for the deal i got on it here

aFe Power 54-10422

it had a pretty serious shield..probably the most protective for a cold air kit i could find...throttle response has improved and so has mid range pulling power..i imagine if i get a better flowing exhaust i will notice even more of a difference...overall i couldnt be happier and i would recommend it for anyone...i think you would be fine in any water up to your bumper...but by then it will be in your doors anyway and i doubt you want water on the floor of that beauty haha...i am going to look into gettnig the rubber shield for the bottom of my jeep as well..good luck...oh and exhaust sound clip would be appreciated! haha im looking for a magnaflow
jackdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #161
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdup View Post
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/x...stions-861988/

i just installed the afe and am very happy with it..especially for the deal i got on it here

aFe Power 54-10422

it had a pretty serious shield..probably the most protective for a cold air kit i could find...throttle response has improved and so has mid range pulling power..i imagine if i get a better flowing exhaust i will notice even more of a difference...overall i couldnt be happier and i would recommend it for anyone...i think you would be fine in any water up to your bumper...but by then it will be in your doors anyway and i doubt you want water on the floor of that beauty haha...i am going to look into gettnig the rubber shield for the bottom of my jeep as well..good luck...oh and exhaust sound clip would be appreciated! haha im looking for a magnaflow
Thanks for the suggestion on the intake. The afe looks like a great way to go. I like how it is routed up and away from the engine. I'm going to take a look at there website, and probably order one The link you sent me looks good deal, thanks again

I think you would be real happy with the Magnaflow. The quality of there exhaust is really impressive.
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #162
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemusic116 View Post
I really like your flares are they Rusty cut outs?
They are the Rusty's flexible, very happy with them. Take your time on the install, and you can get them to fit really well.
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #163
bensxj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i dint think i could possibly drive something that clean and wheel it aggressively looks nice man
bensxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #164
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

Time to tint those tail lights but leave the white showing!!!!!!!!

Unread 10-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #165
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Update-62mm T.B. aFe C.I. - 10/7/09

Got some more work done on the XJ. A few days back I installed the 62mm Jeepers&Creepers throttle body. Install was pretty straight forward. They provide good instructions with the kit. I had only one problem screw that required heating to remove. The factory uses some form of thread sealant on the carbs, making removing them a little tough. The body is machined from new stock. Here's a look:

I felt an immediate improvement in throttle response.

Today I installed the aFe stage 2 intake.

I'm really happy with the quality of this set-up. The filter was actually larger than I thought. Install took just under 30 minutes. I liked the routing of the intake, up and away from exhaust heat. First drive, even better throttle response, engine pulls real hard. Exhaust sounds even better than before. In general, it feels like you just woke the engine up. I'll keep an eye on mileage to see if I notice any difference. Right now I can't keep my foot off the skinny pedal.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.