Best Tie Rod Choice for the Money - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Best Tie Rod Choice for the Money

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #16
justanotherjpr

The issue I have with the Crown setup and the ZJ swap is the additional adjustment sleeve added at the driver's side knuckle, and the fact that the TRE at the drag link is part of the tie rod itself. With the IRO (or another HD tie rod setup) the tie rod ends are individually replaceable - the stockers can be carried as spares and swapped in if needed. You could do this with the other setup, if you wanted to carry the stock tie rod as well, I suppose.

justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 04:10 AM   #17
DillsburgXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I am trying to get away from those adjuster sleeves. I read about them stripping out on people and needing to be replaced. It looks like a good set up, but I'd rather have the adjustment coming from the ends.
Iron Rock double shear track bar
Crown HD Steering upgrade
C-Rok steering brace...
DillsburgXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #18
justanotherjpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillsburgXJ View Post
I am trying to get away from those adjuster sleeves. I read about them stripping out on people and needing to be replaced. It looks like a good set up, but I'd rather have the adjustment coming from the ends.
This is a good call. I carry a spare one on the trail because I haven't rid myself of the upper one yet.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #19
smokinlib1
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillsburgXJ View Post
Yeppers, I've seen like oh, none of them stripped out in the rocks. But if you want to spend another $200 on a HD set up like Currie makes, by all means go for it! Put the adjusters up and out of the way, use a tie rod flip and do your own alignments and see how long it takes for those adjusters to strip. Just my $0.02
smokinlib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #20
DillsburgXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'm not considering the Currie set-up as it is pricey and WAY more than I need. Obviously the set-up you are running works for you smokinlib1. I was simply stating info I read on the forum. I'm glad to hear you like your set-up. I think I'll be happy with the IRO set-up
Iron Rock double shear track bar
Crown HD Steering upgrade
C-Rok steering brace...
DillsburgXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.