Bed Liner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Bed Liner

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-28-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
jeeper01

Bed Liner

I know alot of people have put this on the XJ's bumpers and sides what did you do to the metal before putting it on? I am getting ready to bed line my bumper it has no paint on it it is bare metal, I know lots have had expirences please tell me the best way.... Thanks in advance

Unread 05-28-2006, 11:30 PM   #2
98RedLtd

I helped a buddy Herculine the tub of his TJ and it was painted. The stuff sticks to most anything. I know it sticks to paint...but it needs a roughed up surface. I will do this to my bumpers and rock rails when they get here and I'm planning on sanding them...priming them...and then herculining.

The priming may not be necessary but its a messy job and I would rather not have to do it twice.
178,000 miles

"I once saw protestors holding paper signs on wooden sticks protesting timber cutting and I though...If they didn't cut the timber...How would they make their signs????"
98RedLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2006, 05:39 AM   #3
XJdamyankee

X2 on the priming before using a bed liner, it helps with rust prevention. Other then that just make sure its roughed up first. Just follow the directions that come with it.
OME 2" lift & shocks, RE super-ride control arms
XJdamyankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.