BB/ Impovement Q's - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-23-2005, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Helicop

BB/ Impovement Q's

So right now I've got Rusty's 2" BB on the XJ... AAL and spacers. I want another inch or so. I had some vibes with just the 2" (NP231 on my '92, I know I shouldnt get vibes with 2").. anyway... I put in a T-case drop and replaced all the u-joints, vibes are gone.

Anyway I'm getting some GC V-8 coils from a guy.. How much lift will those actually give, I've heard anywhere from 1/2" to 1.5", I need to know the lift of the GC coils so I can buy rear shackles to fit.

Also, I'm getting the brake line extension kit from Rusty's, besides shocks would you recommend anything else for a 2.75-3.25" lift? (1.75" spacer + GC V-8 coils, and a 2" AAL + 1-1.5" shackle.)

OH, and if I do get vibes, short of an SYE, what else could I do?

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4X4 4.7 Litre HO
---4.7L Stroked, Cammed, Bored .060---
--- 3" RUSTY'S/MISC BB LIFT---
---30X9.5 Firestone Destination Mud-Terrains---
---62mm Bored TB---
---High Flow Cat & Flowmaster 50 Delta---
---Pacesetter Armor Coat Header---
---Misc. Engine Mods---
---Overhead Light Bar---

___--==Helicop==--___
Under 21 Member #24
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-23-2005, 10:01 PM
JeepXJ00

I've heard the GC coils are going to give 1.5-2" lift. You can go with the Heavy Duty XJ coils from carquest. I am pretty sure they will fit your year XJ. I will have to check the thread. So with your spacer your going to be near 3.25" to 4". Did your AAL's settle at 2"? Mine ended up settling at 2.5" in the rear. I am going to say your going to need 1-1.5" shackle in the rear. Depending on how much it settled. Now if you had vibes with 2" and you had to do the TC drop then I would count out dropping it any lower. Your more than likely gonna have to go SYE over 3". Other than that your plan sounds good. Maybe some sway bar discos to add to the list.

2003 JEEP WRANGLER X-4.0L 5spd
4" Superlift
33x12.5x15 Trxus
post #3 of 6 Old 02-24-2005, 12:30 AM
cj7xjmj

I bet replacing your u-joints is what got rid of your vibes. If you go to Gottabejeeps site, you can find out more about his BB that you are trying to do.

Patrick

90 Comanche thing. Exo-cage, tube bed, with a few other things done Here is a link to some pics of it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you have to ask why... Its a truggy thing and you wouldn't understand

post #4 of 6 Old 02-24-2005, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Helicop

Hmm.. I really dont want to go over 3-3.25" due to the SYE problem. But I guess I'll order the shackles off ebay that can either be 1.5" or 2".... that way I can atleast get it sitting level. Hopefully the u-joints were the vibe problem, if not then I'll just bite the bullet and save up for an SYE.

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4X4 4.7 Litre HO
---4.7L Stroked, Cammed, Bored .060---
--- 3" RUSTY'S/MISC BB LIFT---
---30X9.5 Firestone Destination Mud-Terrains---
---62mm Bored TB---
---High Flow Cat & Flowmaster 50 Delta---
---Pacesetter Armor Coat Header---
---Misc. Engine Mods---
---Overhead Light Bar---

___--==Helicop==--___
Under 21 Member #24
post #5 of 6 Old 02-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Dannyboy18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicop
Hmm.. I really dont want to go over 3-3.25" due to the SYE problem. But I guess I'll order the shackles off ebay that can either be 1.5" or 2".... that way I can atleast get it sitting level. Hopefully the u-joints were the vibe problem, if not then I'll just bite the bullet and save up for an SYE.
I think your last statement is what you should do; save up for the SYE and new DS. I was originally set on just getting the RE 3.5" lift in hopes of not needing a SYE and DS...

Then, I went down to my local shop and had my tranny/driveline bump checked out. My Jeep would kind of do a "boump" type sound when I would first start off from a dead stop. I figure that, since the trannies are said to be bullet proof, it had to be a driveline problem. Sure enough, my slip-yoke was binding up a tad bit and needed a good amount of grease.

After driving around for about 50 miles, the grease settled in and the bump was gone. Shifts are smoother as well.

Still, at 100,000 miles, I don't really feel comfortable running my stock DS since this fall I will be going to college (read a lot of highway driving to and from).

Sure, it sucks spending the $700 to have the parts bought and installed, but this way I can lift my Jeep and feel totally comfortable that I'll never have issues with vibes and T-case problems...

Plus, if I want to lift it higher with a BB later on, I can easily do so...

Bottom line, do it right the first time even if it means saving a tad bit longer... Just my $0.02.

1999 Cherokee Sport - Black; 4.0L AW4, NP231 w/ D30 and 8.25C.
RE 3.5" Super Ride w/ full packs (4* shims) + OME shocks + RE SYE w/ Tom Woods CV
Yukon 4.10s
AR Baja Alloy Wheels - 15x8 + Bridgestone Dueler Revo A/Ts - 31x10.50x15
TeraFlex Adj. Trackbar + TeraFlex Quick Disconnects & WARN T-case skid
post #6 of 6 Old 02-24-2005, 09:01 AM
asatxj

2001 WJ 

Hey Helicop!!
I don't recall which case you have but on a 92 you can get 4" with no problems since you have a 'case drop. If you use your BB stuff with zj v8 coils you will likely be around 4" up front. I'd use 2" shackles out back or use the gottabejeep BB with extra leaves to get you up that far. BTW I have some stock packs minus the main leaves around that you could probably use to get there. If you want them let me know. BTW did you do the long AAL's? If so, you could add shackles and get there but be prepared to do some new packs in the future as they will probably wear fairly quick with the shackles added.

Jeep Fleet Maintenance Director
'00 WJ, son's Jeep,'01 WJ mine, '04 TJ, brother's Jeep,00 WJ daughter's
Maintain your stuff so you don't have to fix your junk
ASAT= All Season All Terrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.