Bastard Pack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Bastard Pack

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
CoryMorgan
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Bastard Pack

Anyone do a how to write up? Going to a junkyard tomorrow, might get some s-10 leafs if they are the right price

CoryMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
FleXJ00
2000 XJ Cherokee 

http://webpages.charter.net/laurajef...0_pack_PDF.pdf

heres one of the best write ups out there...
BLACK JEEP SOCIETY #256

2000 Cherokee Sport 162K
...with some stuff

I SUPPORT ROUGH COUNTRY
AND TREADWRIGHT
FleXJ00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
natertots
1990 XJ Cherokee 

heres a post with some good links

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/bastard-pack-suggestions-704199/
i wave at dog walkers and pink vw bugs and michelle pfeiffer look-a-likes and folks dressed like harry potter and two person bikes and pissed off squirrels and butterflys and day lilies and jump ropers and hobos with shotguns but there is no way in hell i will wave at a liberty. that's just gay.
natertots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yes, that is a very good write-up. If you are looking for less lift, like 3" just do the same thing but don't add the overload leaf.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
CoryMorgan
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, appreciate it
Unread 06-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
CoryMorgan
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Could anyone who's ever done this give me the price they paid for the leafs?
Unread 06-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
GeologistFelix
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Well, a local junkyard in my neck of the woods wants $35 per leaf-pack (so, $70/pair), and people seem to think this is a fair bit more than anyone ought to pay for used packs. Another place near me wanted $75 per pack. On the other hand, in the writeups I've read, people seemed to be able to get them for somewhere between $10-40 per pair, which I think is generally considered pretty reasonable, when it's $110 to get an OME 2.5" lift pack ($220 for a pair).
GeologistFelix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #8
Hev
No Fe2O3

1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeologistFelix View Post
Well, a local junkyard in my neck of the woods wants $35 per leaf-pack (so, $70/pair), and people seem to think this is a fair bit more than anyone ought to pay for used packs. Another place near me wanted $75 per pack. On the other hand, in the writeups I've read, people seemed to be able to get them for somewhere between $10-40 per pair, which I think is generally considered pretty reasonable, when it's $110 to get an OME 2.5" lift pack ($220 for a pair).
I paid like 23 bucks for a pair of S-10 leafs.

(Geo, check out the pull-a-part in Tacoma or Lynwood. I got mine at the Lynwood loc)
Unread 06-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #9
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think I paid $9 per side. We have a local u-pull-and-pay, and they always have a buy one get one or buy one get 50% off... do some shopping and find your local forum for the mini truckers. If they have lowered their s-10 or 4 linked it, they will usually give um away... Just a thought
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #10
GeologistFelix
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I may have found a guy who I can get a set from for $25, so I'll probably save looking into pull-a-part for when I get around to swapping my ABS for power brakes (I have the cursed early ABS system), and replacing my steering pump and box.
GeologistFelix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.