Baja flares on a 01 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Baja flares on a 01

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 05-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
nicexj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Perrys Baja flares on a 01 xj

Hey all, I have read over everything I could find, but I am still not confident that I can do this. I want to put Perrys Fab and Fiber baja flares on my 2001. They have 1996 listed as the last year these will fit. So I come to you guys with 2 questions.

1: Has anyone tried to put these specific (http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/off-road-fiberglass/jeep/cherokee/) fenders on a newer body style? Did it work? Do you have pictures of the final product.

2: If no one has specifically tried these fenders, have you tried any older style fenders on the newer body style XJ? Do you have pictures?

My main thing is, I found people say yes, and people say no. But no one was posting pictures. So I thought maybe I could get more from you guys.
Thanks

2001 XJ 3" Rusty's aal, 31x10.5 Good Year Authorities Powertrax No slip Locker in the rear
nicexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The joint where the the grill surround and the fenders meet have slightly different shapes 1996/older vs. 1997/newer. If you mix and match older and newer fenders/grille surrounds, you end up with a mismatch at the joint. You may be able to rework the fiberglass to smooth out the mismatch.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.

CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
nicexj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the reply. That was the primary place I was worried about. I couldn't imagine the fitment would match around there.

I did some more research, and it looks like these are the flares that work best for the newer body style. http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/19to20jechfr.html
A little more cash than the Perry's flares, but if it fits better its worth the money.

2001 XJ 3" Rusty's aal, 31x10.5 Good Year Authorities Powertrax No slip Locker in the rear
nicexj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Baja , cheroke , flares , swap , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.