Baja flares on a 01 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Baja flares on a 01

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 05-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
nicexj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Perrys Baja flares on a 01 xj

Hey all, I have read over everything I could find, but I am still not confident that I can do this. I want to put Perrys Fab and Fiber baja flares on my 2001. They have 1996 listed as the last year these will fit. So I come to you guys with 2 questions.

1: Has anyone tried to put these specific (http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/off-road-fiberglass/jeep/cherokee/) fenders on a newer body style? Did it work? Do you have pictures of the final product.

2: If no one has specifically tried these fenders, have you tried any older style fenders on the newer body style XJ? Do you have pictures?

My main thing is, I found people say yes, and people say no. But no one was posting pictures. So I thought maybe I could get more from you guys.
Thanks

2001 XJ 3" Rusty's aal, 31x10.5 Good Year Authorities Powertrax No slip Locker in the rear
nicexj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The joint where the the grill surround and the fenders meet have slightly different shapes 1996/older vs. 1997/newer. If you mix and match older and newer fenders/grille surrounds, you end up with a mismatch at the joint. You may be able to rework the fiberglass to smooth out the mismatch.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
nicexj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the reply. That was the primary place I was worried about. I couldn't imagine the fitment would match around there.

I did some more research, and it looks like these are the flares that work best for the newer body style. http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/19to20jechfr.html
A little more cash than the Perry's flares, but if it fits better its worth the money.

2001 XJ 3" Rusty's aal, 31x10.5 Good Year Authorities Powertrax No slip Locker in the rear
nicexj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
Baja , cheroke , flares , swap , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.