Bad Memory cant remember parts name? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Bad Memory cant remember parts name?

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 02-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
SSgtcal
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Bad Memory cant remember parts name?

Needless to say its been a interesting day so far... I was coming home from work when my hood flew open at about 55 miles per hour.... fortunately there was no damage besides a little dent in my hood and I was able to close it up [Considering I haven't been under the hood of my jeep since I changed the oil 3 weeks ago I have no clue how that opened] Anyway somehow my plastic trim behind got cracked. For the life of me I cant remember the name of that plastic trim so I cant order a replacement for it. Whats the name of the plastic trim that fits over the area behind the hood where the windshield wipers come through?
This surface trim- http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1391795641

Last edited by SSgtcal; 02-07-2014 at 10:59 AM..
SSgtcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
Starboard M

Thats the cowl.

What the technical name for the piece, I havent the foggiest.

Cowl cover?

Edit: You might want to check the hood safety release. There is that hook you push to the side that is supposed to prevent the hood from opening like it did. Did that fail? Can you still open the hood with the release?

Boatsides/Hybrid Cage/Tube Dash== Custom Winch Bumper== Bolt in HP44
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

"Cowl Grill" and underneath it is a screen...
I only have reference for 94-96 models, but the P/N I found is 5500 8832 "Grill, cowl top", and 5500 8833 "Screen, Grill"

HTH
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Look for a part out locally or a JY and go pull one for yourself. You'll need a flat head screwdriver and a wonderbar to remove the wipers and a phillips head screwdriver for the 8 or 10 screws holding the cowl in place.

I wouldn't pay new for that part. If you can't colour match the part you find, spray paint it flat black.

Everything matches flat black

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.