Backspacing question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Backspacing question

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
gs69350

1998 ZJ 

Backspacing question

Yes, I did some searching first...

I plan on running 31x10.5x15. I should be picking up a 3.5" lift this weekend.

I found some ford oem steelies 15x7 with 4.75" backspacing with the right bolt pattern for next to nothing on CL. There is a ton of info but it is widely varied. People say 3.5 to 4.75 with no consistency.

My biggest concern is having the tires rub the LCA on tight turns. Will 4.75" be enough to keep the 31's from rubbing the LCA?

TIA.

Unread 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
RedRyderXJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

No. If you want full lock to lock turning, 4".

You can adjust your steering stops, or with a 3.5" lift, you should be replacing the LCA's and most aftermarket arms have a bend to help alleviate rubbing.
RedRyderXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
gs69350

1998 ZJ 

I'm checking out the lift this weekend, I believe he said new LCA's but was not specific. Wonder if I can keep stock wheels if they have the bed...

Full lock turning is important, I work downtown and park in a garage and have several tight turns.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.