Axle seal and braking pulse - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Axle seal and braking pulse

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
MrKevinRosales
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Axle seal and braking pulse

The other day I changed the passenger's side wheel hub assembly on my 96 Cherokee and while I was at it I decided to do the brakes as well.
When I took it for a test drive I noticed that when coming to a stop the front right side had a sort of pulse when braking. I looked it over and everything seemed to be fine.
Today I looked at it again and I noticed that I had differential fluid coming out of the axle. I guess I must have damaged the seal when I changed the wheel hub assembly. (Even though I didn't need to, I took the whole axle shaft out that day to have a look at the axle shaft)
Could this faulty seal be the cause of the pulse I feel while braking or could it be something else?

MrKevinRosales is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.