AX-15 rpm issue when cold/hot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > AX-15 rpm issue when cold/hot

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
miragemobile

AX-15 rpm issue when cold/hot

1999 Cherokee, 4.0L, AX-15.
Supposedly "new" clutch (15K miles) according to previous owner.

When the engine is at operating temperatures and upshifting, my engine RPMs drop to idle and must "bounce" back up to the appropriate speed when i depress the clutch. I've been adding some throttle to compensate for the drop but it takes some concentration and I need to be slow with my clutch release or it is a rough engagement.

When not at operating temperatures, I do not have this issue. It is so smooth, easy, a joy to drive because the rpms slowly drop to the desired rpm when upshifting.

Any advice?

miragemobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.