aw4 swap advice needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > aw4 swap advice needed

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
dzblues
1992 XJ Cherokee 

aw4 swap advice needed

so ive been putting it off for a while but i pinched my lines on my jeep and it has ran dry multiple times, i blew out the line too, anywho i picked up a used aw4 from craigslist, the guy said it was a 96, i have a 91/92 model xj 4wd, heres my issue both are the same model 30-43le the serial numbers are a little different the new one is 92me51703 my old one is 91 something, but the connections are different got some pictures to show. So should i just splice the wires so that the connections work? just need some info from people thanks.
this is the new transmission connections
and the original connections on the aw4 in my jeep

dzblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

See this AW-4 swap Tech thread on another forum for all your answers -> http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1053970

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
dzblues
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I saw that thread was looking for a little more advice the wiring connections are different that's the main reason I posted on here I've already seen that post, I was pretty much trying to find out if anybody had the same problem? I guess I'll just resplice the connection and hope it works
dzblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.